Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Grimmy

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
All about Radio X.

It'd be okay if it weren't for the presenters (annoying 'matey' woman who sounds like Fearn Cotton) and the incessant adverts for shit like McDonalds. Radio 6 is all anyone ever needs. There is never any valid excuse for listening to commercial radio stations.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Do any of the Radio 2 listeners on here think that the stations music demographic has changed recently? Seems to be a lot less MOR/soft rock, oldies, and a lot more modern R&B. I really can’t stand Sia and they are playing way, way too much of her stuff.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Apologies if already mentioned but Grimmy leaving the R1 breakfast show after 6 successful years. :nono:

R1 chief exec said he was one of the greatest ever breakfast show presenters not just on R1 but any national breakfast show. Greg James has got some very big boots to fill.
You need to get out more. Stop watching reality tv and dross chav radio shows. You'll thank me later :)

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Grimmy has to be one of the most pretentious djs ever to work on R1, his show is all about his small insignificant group of loved up wannabes.
In three words, me me me!
Up there with Chris Moyles IMO.
Much prefer to listen to Greg James, Clara Amfo and Scot Mills.

You don’t like Grimmy because he’s all ‘me me me’ but you like Clara Amfo? ???

That’s one of the reasons I can’t stand her. It’s all about her 24/7

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
You don’t like Grimmy because he’s all ‘me me me’ but you like Clara Amfo? ???

That’s one of the reasons I can’t stand her. It’s all about her 24/7

That's just your view :thumbsup:
But I still like listening to her and the music she plays.
Grimmys voice makes my ears bleed.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I used to love listening to the breakfast show with Chris Moyles. I cannot understand why they would ditch him as he had such high audience figures. Grimshaw hosting the breakfast show was the death of radio 1 to me. It sometimes ends up on when I'm in the car and flicking through the stations but never for very long

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I used to love listening to the breakfast show with Chris Moyles. I cannot understand why they would ditch him as he had such high audience figures. Grimshaw hosting the breakfast show was the death of radio 1 to me. It sometimes ends up on when I'm in the car and flicking through the stations but never for very long
Listen to Chris Moyles in Radio x. He has been doing the breakfast show on there for a few years now

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
It'd be okay if it weren't for the presenters (annoying 'matey' woman who sounds like Fearn Cotton) and the incessant adverts for shit like McDonalds. Radio 6 is all anyone ever needs. There is never any valid excuse for listening to commercial radio stations.

I'm sure I don't need to explain to you why they have adverts. For me, it's all about the music and 99.9% of the music plays I like to listern to. No other radio station comes close. Radio is the complete oposite. Radio 6, to me, just trys to hard and therefore plays to much 'cool' music. Does Radio 6 play Fleetwood Mac 'The Chain' followed by Pulps' 'Sorted for E's and Wizz' with new music by Johnny Marr 'Hi and Hello' thrown in for good measure.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove

Radio X in the mornings now.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm sure I don't need to explain to you why they have adverts. For me, it's all about the music and 99.9% of the music plays I like to listern to. No other radio station comes close. Radio is the complete oposite. Radio 6, to me, just trys to hard and therefore plays to much 'cool' music. Does Radio 6 play Fleetwood Mac 'The Chain' followed by Pulps' 'Sorted for E's and Wizz' with new music by Johnny Marr 'Hi and Hello' thrown in for good measure.

Do you listen to Radio X at night, as I find the music is better than daytime playlist chaos?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I always thought he was a fairly poor presenter, mildly annoying most of the time

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
To be honest I think the best breakfast DJ was Christian O'Connell on Absolute, but he's just moved to Oz. Wonder if the timing is just a coincidence or if there is a bit more to it.

Evans for me now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Radio 2 , Radio 4, Absolute, X, Fipp, Radio 6. With those why would anyone listen to R1? Awful station.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

X on in the office at the moment and they're playing some absolute bangers like they usually do, and surprisingly few adverts. Like Amex Ruislip above, I tend to have it on during night shifts in lieu of anything better. Es and Whizz, however I could do without. Played to death, as much as I appreciate Pulp. Agree to an extent about 6.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here