Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Grimmy

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I thought Tony Blackburn did the R1 breakfast show (at least he did last time I tuned in).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I took one look at his weird face and tight trousers many years ago and foreswore to never let a puff of his weasel wind pass into my ear canal. So I have never heard him speak. Did I miss anything?

'Grimmy' FFS. Mr Girmsdale more like.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Call me very, very old school, but I stopped listening to Radio 1 back in the 1970s - apart from the genius that was John Peel (RIP) and Kenny Everett (also RIP). The mind numbing crud that was churned out made me vomit, as did the presenters.

This. To be fair, Blackburn was a cahunt. But Peel, Pete Drummond, and even whistlin Bob Cratchet were listenable. The Smashy and Nicey era that followed is well summarized here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMi8eUW6qlM

The zoo waank coked-up ego fest that followed was indescribable.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Radio 6 is all anyone ever needs. There is never any valid excuse for listening to commercial radio stations.

Is the correct answer. 6 is ridiculously better than anything else on the radio and I would happily pay my licence fee just for that station..... well, that and TMS.

Nipper likes a bit of radio 1 sometimes but even he draws the line at Grimmy and he's 11.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Does Radio 6 play Fleetwood Mac 'The Chain' followed by Pulps' 'Sorted for E's and Wizz' with new music by Johnny Marr 'Hi and Hello' thrown in for good measure.

Er, that's exactly what 6 does. And exactly why I listen to it. Johnny Marr did an extended interview the other week and his new stuff is on rotation. You're also just as likely to hear both tunes you've mentioned, or any random brilliant shit that's new or old.

So "yes".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here