Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Derby Day

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Can't believe no one has posted about it. One of the great sporting days in the calendar. Truly British in all respects and a heritage event we need to cherish and love.

I have a cheeky little e/w double today on Dee Ex Bee and Eddystone Rock (later race) which should net me about £800 for a £5 wager.

Love it me..

TNBA

TTF

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Has there been a mass punch up yet? After Ascot and Goodwood it would be a shame for the Sun not to be able to publish an article on racing being dragged down by football hooligans..

Oh and Super Julius in the next at 25/1

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Couple of quid e/w on Delano Roosevelt fav looks waaaaaaY to short a price for this bunch of sling em in and hope entries

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I hate Derby Weekend. Then again I live near Epsom and am in the pub game. Cocaine fuelled scumbags everywhere.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I view moving the race from Wednesday to Saturday in the same way as moving the Cup Final from 3pm to 5.30pm!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Shocking that one trainer can put so many horses into The Oaks and The Derby both classics.
I like to see the bog hopper lose because of this.
But he probably won't with Saxon Warrior running.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good, Saxon Warrior ran a dreadful race.

Not a big racing fan but my wife is so have been watching it. I too was pleased to see Saxon Warrior lose after listening to so many sycophantic “can’t lose” type comments from the tv pundits.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I hate Derby Weekend. Then again I live near Epsom and am in the pub game. Cocaine fuelled scumbags everywhere.

I know what you mean as I used to live in Ascot and we had it for 5 days, but take away the negatives and I loved Royal Ascot, if only the cameras showed what happens in Ascot after the racing has finished and into the evening.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Good, Saxon Warrior ran a dreadful race.
Disappointing to see comments like this. I myself was really excited when I saw the horse win at Newmarket. It looked like a potential superstar, that may go on to win multiple races at a various distances. The acceleration it showed to win the guineas was breathtaking.

Once upon a time the public latched on to horses such as Desert Orchaid, Red Rum & more recently Kauto Star and Frankel.

Now rather than cheering these horses on there seems to be lots of bitter twisted people sitting there willing the horse to lose/perform badly for no apparent reason. Other than to say 'good'. I am glad that failed.

I too thought we would see a comfortable victory for Saxon Warrior and am very disappointed the horse seemed to not handle the track and conditions as expected.

I guess you now, will be getting ready to cheer on all the teams playing England in the world cup so you can gloat when they don't make it out the group stage.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Disappointing to see comments like this. I myself was really excited when I saw the horse win at Newmarket. It looked like a potential superstar, that may go on to win multiple races at a various distances. The acceleration it showed to win the guineas was breathtaking.

Once upon a time the public latched on to horses such as Desert Orchaid, Red Rum & more recently Kauto Star and Frankel.

Now rather than cheering these horses on there seems to be lots of bitter twisted people sitting there willing the horse to lose/perform badly for no apparent reason. Other than to say 'good'. I am glad that failed.

I too thought we would see a comfortable victory for Saxon Warrior and am very disappointed the horse seemed to not handle the track and conditions as expected.

I guess you now, will be getting ready to cheer on all the teams playing England in the world cup so you can gloat when they don't make it out the group stage.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I was very disappointed to see him beaten today, the Triple Crown was a very realistic target if he scored today.. no horse in my lifetime has completed the triple crown! Wasn’t it Nijinsky in 1970 who last completed It? A feat rarely attempted nowadays either..

I think that all true racing fans would’ve loved to have seen that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here