Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] What the feck is going on in Hassocks?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Next to no Police on the streets, chance of being caught very low.

Unfortunate evening, but let's hope that these two thugs are in Court shortly

Jul 7, 2003
Something happened in Worthing last night just north of Worthing level crossing in South Farm Road, couple of rozzers stood on the corner by the Pavillion Road junction and 5 more " interviewing " a guy outside the Opticians just up the road,,, this was about 18.00 . about 21.30, after a meal out and a couple of beers, still 2 rozzers on the corner, two more in a big Police 4x4 and two more on the opposite side of the road. No Idea what happened but seems a waste of manpower when there are dickheads like this roaming the streets and other idiots driving like ****s because there is no one to stop them.

I popped into the Italian Deli and the new Bottle & Jug dept around 4:55pm yesterday and there were two coppers on the corner by the barbers then so obviously something serious going on. Will ask the boys from the Deli what happened as they know everything.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I popped into the Italian Deli and the new Bottle & Jug dept around 4:55pm yesterday and there were two coppers on the corner by the barbers then so obviously something serious going on. Will ask the boys from the Deli what happened as they know everything.

Something was definitely up..... huge amount of manpower doing very little obvious.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

The hilarious thing for me was while walking west along Pavillion road, at about 9.45, there was a young lad on a bike heading east at speed with no lights on his bicycle, with no hands on the handlebars because he was talking on his phone... he was going too fast for me to say.. " I say.. maybe you .. should....ah " hope he cycled in to 4-6 very bored coppers with little to do !

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just have belief in karma. Hopefully something unpleasant has/will happen to these vermin. I hope you/the lady reported the atttacks.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Happens everywhere unfortunately. Grew up in Hassocks but moved away 13 years ago when I went to uni and never came back. While I was in my second year a friend from home was attacked after getting a taxi back from Brighton. They were sitting on the bench next to the infants school o n the high street having a cigarette at about 2am when three lads jumped out of a car and set on him, one of them hitting him round the head with a hammer. Totally unprovoked and a terrible case of wrong place wrong time.

Try not to let what was obviously a nasty event effect you going forward. Sounds like you were very unlucky but try not to let these scumbags win.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't know anything much about Hassocks, but i think you've got unlucky. I am really sorry to hear your story and for the poor woman as well. I have been attacked in the past as well. It happens everywhere.

Pretty much this. There have been a few similar incidents in Burgess Hill (although it seems to be usually ‘youth on youth’ stuff, beating up and mobile phone theft) but pretty rare in Hassocks I think. As others have said there are scumbags everywhere now........may have just jumped off the train at Hassocks, or been drinking in the pub there perhaps.

Always in my mind if I or anyone in the family is ever out late these days - nowhere is really ‘safe’ but you can’t let these twats rule your life.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Always in my mind if I or anyone in the family is ever out late these days - nowhere is really ‘safe’ but you can’t let these twats rule your life.

But surely we can demand the government police the streets and punish this sort of behaviour? The alternative to actually dealing with this stuff properly is we all have to vigilant everywhere, and then have to have coping strategies if we are giving a kicking. Sounds a sad state of affairs really.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But surely we can demand the government police the streets and punish this sort of behaviour? The alternative to actually dealing with this stuff properly is we all have to vigilant everywhere, and then have to have coping strategies if we are giving a kicking. Sounds a sad state of affairs really.
Agree.....very sad. Can't see it changing any time soon

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Just shows you can get twats anywhere, anytime
Prob find out the criminals are from Burgess Hill or Brighton anyway.

Sorry to hear

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I beg to differ. I would be very surprised if they were from Brighton. Sounds like small town (Hassocks) mentality morons to me.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just have belief in karma. Hopefully something unpleasant has/will happen to these vermin. I hope you/the lady reported the atttacks.

I’d say karma catches up eventually if you’re a scumbag...Here’s a story fro, my local neighbourhood. A teenager near me in trouble since childhood, from a very respectable family and 2 older siblings who are lovely and doing things with their life, inevitably got into drug dealing. Also he stabbed a middle aged man as part of a gang who attacked some couples on way home from restaurant but unbelievably only a suspended sentence. Ironically had he been jailed, this wouldn’t have happened. Anyway, 3 months after, this wanna be gangster messed with the local mr big who beat him to within an inch of his life and ran him over for good measure. The paramedics couldn’t move him for 3 hrs he was so badly injured, Helicopter airlift and weeks in intensive care the very nearly had to amputate one of his limbs. Has since recovered but cannot walk or run properly and likely won’t again I guess. God knows what future problems he’ll have, probably his youth saved him but as he grows older sure his body will have all sorts of problems as a legacy. Not saying he deserved his fate, there is however a lesson in life there though along the lines of sailing too close to the sun. The saddest thing is he doesn’t appear to have learnt from, still the moody sinister looking sociopath driving his bike way too fast and generally anti socially around. And dabbling in drugs. I just don’t know why people get into that world. It’s just misery and trouble personified for them and their families.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I need to rant.
Okay so I'm walking home from Hassocks Station last night. When I see these two guys harassing a woman, calling her names, spitting on her, trying to hit her etc.
They leave her alone for a bit, she walks down the road looking shocked angry and upset. I stop and think about crossing the road to see if she's alright. Then I hear those two twats say "what about that guy? Let's get him". Next thing I know they're running towards me, knock me to the ground start kicking me in the head, saying that they're mugging me.
Luckily for me that woman has another adrenaline burst and runs at them, so the two of them run off. I call the police. When I get home I hear the woman screaming. Turns out they stole her handbag and then ran off.

Why the **** is shit like this happening in Hassocks? Who spawns these people?

It will be about drugs in the end, quick cash to score, stop this and the country will be a betterplace, your lucky they wernt carryimg a knife or worse a gun.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
I need to rant.
Okay so I'm walking home from Hassocks Station last night. When I see these two guys harassing a woman, calling her names, spitting on her, trying to hit her etc.
They leave her alone for a bit, she walks down the road looking shocked angry and upset. I stop and think about crossing the road to see if she's alright. Then I hear those two twats say "what about that guy? Let's get him". Next thing I know they're running towards me, knock me to the ground start kicking me in the head, saying that they're mugging me.
Luckily for me that woman has another adrenaline burst and runs at them, so the two of them run off. I call the police. When I get home I hear the woman screaming. Turns out they stole her handbag and then ran off.

Why the **** is shit like this happening in Hassocks? Who spawns these people?

which direction from the station was this? towards the town or car park way? mates live by car park and have cctv.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Something happened in Worthing last night just north of Worthing level crossing in South Farm Road, couple of rozzers stood on the corner by the Pavillion Road junction and 5 more " interviewing " a guy outside the Opticians just up the road,,, this was about 18.00 . about 21.30, after a meal out and a couple of beers, still 2 rozzers on the corner, two more in a big Police 4x4 and two more on the opposite side of the road. No Idea what happened but seems a waste of manpower when there are dickheads like this roaming the streets and other idiots driving like ****s because there is no one to stop them.

No Idea what happened.......................think you answered your own question !

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pretty much this. There have been a few similar incidents in Burgess Hill (although it seems to be usually ‘youth on youth’ stuff, beating up and mobile phone theft) but pretty rare in Hassocks I think. As others have said there are scumbags everywhere now........may have just jumped off the train at Hassocks, or been drinking in the pub there perhaps.

The Burgess Hill stuff wasn't youth on youth regular fighting.

In the last three years there've been plenty of incidents of evil thugs smashing innocent peoples skulls in. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I was a juror on one such trial. During the trial, it emerged that the defendents had recently done this to other innocents walking home in the night (convicted in a separate trial). Plus other similar incidents in Burgess Hill carried out by other thugs (covered in the Argus and local TV).

Justices was served, thanks to dedicated Police and some brave witnesses.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Hassocks always been dodgy tbh.

What do you remember Rev? I used to visit a friend there when I was a teenager, 40 odd years ago, and a girlfriend in Keymer a few years later. I don't remember anything dodgy (apart from her homemade curries). We would have a beer in The Thatched Inn. Seemed like an idyllic small, Sussex town back then.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

NSC in a nutshell :lolol:

No offence to you, just tickled me!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here