Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] What the feck is going on in Hassocks?

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I need to rant.
Okay so I'm walking home from Hassocks Station last night. When I see these two guys harassing a woman, calling her names, spitting on her, trying to hit her etc.
They leave her alone for a bit, she walks down the road looking shocked angry and upset. I stop and think about crossing the road to see if she's alright. Then I hear those two twats say "what about that guy? Let's get him". Next thing I know they're running towards me, knock me to the ground start kicking me in the head, saying that they're mugging me.
Luckily for me that woman has another adrenaline burst and runs at them, so the two of them run off. I call the police. When I get home I hear the woman screaming. Turns out they stole her handbag and then ran off.

Why the **** is shit like this happening in Hassocks? Who spawns these people?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't know anything much about Hassocks, but i think you've got unlucky. I am really sorry to hear your story and for the poor woman as well. I have been attacked in the past as well. It happens everywhere.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It used to be such a quiet dull place 40 years ago.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I need to rant.
Okay so I'm walking home from Hassocks Station last night. When I see these two guys harassing a woman, calling her names, spitting on her, trying to hit her etc.
They leave her alone for a bit, she walks down the road looking shocked angry and upset. I stop and think about crossing the road to see if she's alright. Then I hear those two twats say "what about that guy? Let's get him". Next thing I know they're running towards me, knock me to the ground start kicking me in the head, saying that they're mugging me.
Luckily for me that woman has another adrenaline burst and runs at them, so the two of them run off. I call the police. When I get home I hear the woman screaming. Turns out they stole her handbag and then ran off.

scumbags everywhere now , looking for "soft "targets , must have identified certain stations on the rail network as good venues :down::annoyed:

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
I'm shocked to read this. Hassocks is very sleepy in the evening but I guess that is the attraction.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I need to rant.

Forget the scum. Are you ok? Did you get checked out?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That sucks mate, I hope you can put it down to bad luck and put it behind you. Crappy thing to happen to both of you though.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Parents, or probably a single parent that doesn’t give a feck. No discipline in schools, teachers hands tied behind their backs by politicians. Zero respect for others by those that want someting for nothing and expect the State to fund their useless lives and all compounded by having no police presence on the streets. This is not just about Hassocks, it’s happening everywhere in our country.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I served on a Jury a couple of years ago where 2 young and big blokes from that part of the World had been dishing out gratuitous violence to innocents in Mid Sussex for a few years. Leaving one person who didn't know them brain damaged. Both now serving long prison sentences.

Put it down to small town(s) syndrome. A couple of bullies.

Last edited:

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Really sorry to hear your story. Hope you (and the woman involved) are OK. The trouble is that this will live with you (and her) for a long time, whereas the goons who did it will just laugh it off and move on to their next victims. Talking about it on here is good and I really hope it helps to get things off your chest. Keep coming back to the thread if you feel the need. Don't bottle it up (as I did decades ago ) because it'll live with you even longer, but with support from here and maybe even professional support, you'll get on top of it. Good luck to you.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Some people sadly enjoy seeing people suffer. Back in the day when people were publicly hung or tortured, people's pyscopathic disorders were supplied without them needing to hurt anyone. We need awareness of mental health issues being educated at schools. This may help children to be aware of personality disorders which they may well be vulnerable of developing or being abused by.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wow, Hassocks actually has a bit of action.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Parents, or probably a single parent that doesn’t give a feck. No discipline in schools, teachers hands tied behind their backs by politicians. Zero respect for others by those that want someting for nothing and expect the State to fund their useless lives and all compounded by having no police presence on the streets. This is not just about Hassocks, it’s happening everywhere in our country.

Now let's not jump to any conclusions!!!

Anyone one would think there is a massive crime wave sweeping Hassocks!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There really is some scumbag filth out there. I just don't understand the mindset, or the motivation. Why would anyone actually wake up and decide hey, I'm going to be an absolute cuntflap ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Something happened in Worthing last night just north of Worthing level crossing in South Farm Road, couple of rozzers stood on the corner by the Pavillion Road junction and 5 more " interviewing " a guy outside the Opticians just up the road,,, this was about 18.00 . about 21.30, after a meal out and a couple of beers, still 2 rozzers on the corner, two more in a big Police 4x4 and two more on the opposite side of the road. No Idea what happened but seems a waste of manpower when there are dickheads like this roaming the streets and other idiots driving like ****s because there is no one to stop them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here