Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] What the feck is going on in Hassocks?

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Feck off! Or were you excluding the Midlands?

Midlands? Pray tell me of which you refer.

Hassocks.8.gif

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
There really is some scumbag filth out there. I just don't understand the mindset, or the motivation. Why would anyone actually wake up and decide hey, I'm going to be an absolute cuntflap ?

Because otherwise they have to face up to the fact that they're worthless, unwanted and have nothing to live for.
So they take it out on people who do.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It’s a real problem that criminals don’t fear the justice system, seemingly the only thing they might do is other bigger criminals than they. Law of the Jungle applies and yet our Police are like Clarence the cross-eyed lion with a bad set of dentures trying to keep order amongst an ever increasing number of hyaenas/jackals.

We can't afford to bang them up because, as usual, it costs money we allegedly haven't got ! That's why Prison Services were outsourced. Then came the old charm bracelets so they can't go out at night.. what a punishment, sitting at home eating Domino's with some tinnys watching BGT or a Scandi .

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
What do you remember Rev? I used to visit a friend there when I was a teenager, 40 odd years ago, and a girlfriend in Keymer a few years later. I don't remember anything dodgy (apart from her homemade curries). We would have a beer in The Thatched Inn. Seemed like an idyllic small, Sussex town back then.

The Downs Hotel had its moments, from erratically-driven Bentleys to drunkenly-fired shotguns to The Who on stage but that was a long time ago.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just found out one of my wife’s friends son (and his G/f) were beaten up in Hassocks last week too - they were walking home from the station and three (I think) yobs set about them. Some of it was caught on CCTV and the police apparently know those involved so hopefully the scrotes will get some form of punishment. Lad has a few cuts and bruises and a black eye but nothing too serious thankfully.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just found out one of my wife’s friends son (and his G/f) were beaten up in Hassocks last week too - they were walking home from the station and three (I think) yobs set about them. Some of it was caught on CCTV and the police apparently know those involved so hopefully the scrotes will get some form of punishment. Lad has a few cuts and bruises and a black eye but nothing too serious thankfully.

Even more important that the OP reports this to the police

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

How many wives have you got?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I hope the landscape of policing and prosecutions has changed in the last 15 years. Back then, my son was with some friends in Herne Bay and a car pulled up, a bloke jumped out, said nothing and simply head butted my son and broke his nose. The bloke who did it was known to some of the kids my son was with, and the police were informed. The bloke has previous. A few weeks later we got a letter saying the prosecutors (DPP? I forget what these clowns are called) decided it was not in the public interest to pursue the case. I would like to think that this wouldn't happen these days.

I have always felt that despite all the Daily Mail style huffing and puffing about 'street violence' the authorities are only properly interested when a 'yob' attacks a granny or a man in a suit. Subconsciously when it is one lot of young people versus another lot, the 'all as bad as another' and 'no real harm done' gene starts to kick in. Like it was and can still be at football. Especially overseas, where the first sign of trouble is met with local bill wading in with weaponry. As will happen in a few days time, to bystandr England supporters.

Maybe I'm cynical and I certainly do hope that things have moved on a bit, but somehow I doubt it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here