Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Battle of Britain bunker, Uxbridge.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No 2 hour queues
No priority/queue-jumping premium tickets available
No app
No fast food joints
No screaming kids (or parents)
No ‘retail opportunity’ to wring the last few pennies out of you
No traffic jams in or out

Will never catch on.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Ironically I've worked in Uxbridge for years but never visited. Shame on me. I will make a point of visiting in the next few weeks.
A new housing estate has gone up over the old RAF base I believe.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I lived on RAF Uxbridge for a while as a kid - the house was nice enough, but I don't remember Uxbridge as a place being pleasant at all. This was late 80's, so it may well be different now.

I remember watching QCS doing drill practice on the parade ground quite regularly.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I’m working in Ruislip next week,is it something that can be looked around in a lunch hour?

Probably can do in an hour, but worth spending time, to take most of it in.
You're something to do with TFL, if I remember rightly?

Ironically I've worked in Uxbridge for years but never visited. Shame on me. I will make a point of visiting in the next few weeks.

St Andrews Park now.

I lived on RAF Uxbridge for a while as a kid - the house was nice enough, but I don't remember Uxbridge as a place being pleasant at all. This was late 80's, so it may well be different now.

I remember watching QCS doing drill practice on the parade ground quite regularly.

Uxbridge hasn't really changed at all, I avoid it most times.
QCS now at RAF Northolt, ironically there's an Albion fan amongst their motley crew.
His dad posts on here, but not sure who he is :thumbsup:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I’m working in Ruislip next week,is it something that can be looked around in a lunch hour?

Will def give that a visit sometime. Looks great

20180702_132440.jpg
20180702_132502.jpg
20180702_135305.jpg
20180702_145659.jpg
20180702_134434.jpg

Just a sample of what's on offer, especially good to be down the bunker on a day like today, lovely and cool :thumbsup:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Alas not!
Got a lot of time up at Ruislip during the autumn leaf fall season, hopefully might get a couple of hours spare, will endeavour to get there this time round [emoji23][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shall we all pop in before the Watford game?

Looks well worth a visit. Will it be Boris's command headquarters as he directs us towards a no-deal Brexit?!

New link:
http://battleofbritainbunker.co.uk/

There seems to be an unusually high number of Albion fans who have lived or worked in Uxbridge!
Looks well worth a visit. Will it be Boris's command headquarters as he directs us towards a no-deal Brexit?!
It's his constituency ( for those who didn't realise).

20180702_134434.jpg
Wasn’t Shoreham an airfield then?

I see Hendon lost 2-0 but Bromley won 9-1 away (at Palace!)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There seems to be an unusually high number of Albion fans who have lived or worked in Uxbridge! It's his constituency ( for those who didn't realise).

View attachment 113510

He has about as much interest in his Uxbridge and South Ruislip constituency, as I have in knitting.

Only sector station airfields such as Tangmere, Kenley and Biggin hill are shown on the map. I don't believe Shoreham was a fighter airfield at the time of the Battle of Britain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here