Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The first (seriously uncool) single you ever bought

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
That isn't an uncool single! The Damned and Motorhead both covered it.

Personally was never a singles fan. The only one I ever bought was the 1978 Re-issue of Silver Machine...

Oh? Vindicated at last!

How about my first album then? George Formby - greatest hits. That’s gotta be worth a :facepalm:, surely?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Can't remember, but we had Puff the Magic Dragon at home and I loved that :blush:

First proper gig I went to was Horse-slips (not sure I've got the name right)

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Ying Tong Song by The Goons.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
How about records you loved and now hate with a passion (rather than starting another thread :lol: )

Gregory Isaacs - Night nurse. Tune really grates on me when I hear it now.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Can't remember, but we had Puff the Magic Dragon at home and I loved that :blush:

Both Leonard Lipton and lead singer Peter Yarrow have stated "Puff the Magic Dragon is not about drugs." Yeah, right...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

First proper gig I went to was Horse-slips (not sure I've got the name right)

I still think Puff the Magic Dragon is one of the saddest songs ever, saddest in the original sense.

One of my first gigs was Gladys Knight and the Pips.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Star trekking. the firm

That doesnt count its well cool, up there with the chicken song, I had both on the same tape, and the laughing gnome. I was about 6yrs old therefore it was cool. I think it was the same year I bought the Ghostbusters single for my mom for Christmas on 7" therefore she was cool too.

I think the first uncool tape I bought as a single was Brian May, Driven by You. I thought that was cool but I was wrong

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Embarrassingly my first single purchased was My Dingaling by Chuck Berry - the meaning completely passed me by - I was just an 8 year old who rather liked the song!

First Album was probably by Pinky and Perky - I adored them when small.

My first gig was a slight recovery from a tragically poor musical start - The Undertones at the Top Rank Suite.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here