Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64
  1. #21
    aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    The arse end of Hangleton
    Posts
    14,895


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes of course.
    Don't understand why they would be like that - I rarely carry much cash. Thankfully Sainsburys were very helpful and held my shopping for me to go to the cash point outside.
    The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
    I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #22
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      at home
      Posts
      40,622


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      can you say the nature of the cause? the seeminly random impact looks like reduced network capacity.

      the missus has fallen out with Lidl over it, not because of the problem but the attitude, not telling any one there was problem then getting shirty with customers who only have cards.
      Not at the moment, but suffice it to say there is a lot of engineers all over it.
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado
    • #23
      Members Baker lite's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2017
      Location
      in my house
      Posts
      636


      0 Not allowed!
      I think that since the Brexit vote ,we as a nation have become inherently racialmalist and this is the consequence .
      I’m going to take someone to court,I feel offended.
    • #24
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      SHOREHAM BY SEA
      Posts
      24,575


      0 Not allowed!
      Tad embarrassing at the PO at 4pm trying to pay for five second class stamps with me debit card....''card declined sir'' said the cashier with a look disgust.....try it again i muttered ,,second time it went through..turned around to leave and everyone of those sods in the queue were eyeballing me ....i feel a bit of PTS coming on
    • #25
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      SHOREHAM BY SEA
      Posts
      24,575


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Eric Potts View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      And us dinosaurs who walk round with wallets full of £20's can bask in a moderate degree of smugness.
      Are there any regular places and times you walk around with ya large wallet full of £20's?
    • #26
      Members SIMMO SAYS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Location
      Incommunicado
      Posts
      10,226


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LamieRobertson View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Tad embarrassing at the PO at 4pm trying to pay for five second class stamps with me debit card....''card declined sir'' said the cashier with a look disgust.....try it again i muttered ,,second time it went through..turned around to leave and everyone of those sods in the queue were eyeballing me ....i feel a bit of PTS coming on
      It's because you look a bit odd - awful isn't it
      You know I'm right
    • #27
      Members SIMMO SAYS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Location
      Incommunicado
      Posts
      10,226


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LamieRobertson View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Are there any regular places and times you walk around with ya large wallet full of £20's?
      Only after you have paid me in cash
      You know I'm right
    • #28
      Members studio150's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      On the Border
      Posts
      14,484


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TomandJerry View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Shoppers should "always carry two means of payment", says one expert'

      Sensible advice, If your Bank card is Visa, then ensure your credit card is Mastercard.

      Resolves issues such as these, and should be standard approach.
      Joint winner NSC Predictor League 2017/18
    • #29

      0 Not allowed!
      Alex Neill, Which? managing director of home products and services, said:

      Clearly this issue will be a huge inconvenience to customers and it must be resolved urgently. Visa and the banks need to ensure no-one is left out of pocket due to this outage.

      We strongly advise people to keep any evidence of extra expenses they’ve incurred in order to claim them back.”
    • #30
      Members Eric Potts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      Top o' Hanover
      Posts
      1,581


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LamieRobertson View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Are there any regular places and times you walk around with ya large wallet full of £20's?
      Across the Level , generally rather tipsy , with my Top Hat aslant on my head , around 1.00am

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •