Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Visa cards are currently NOT working

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
yes of course. :facepalm::drink:

Don't understand why they would be like that - I rarely carry much cash. Thankfully Sainsburys were very helpful and held my shopping for me to go to the cash point outside.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
can you say the nature of the cause? the seeminly random impact looks like reduced network capacity.

the missus has fallen out with Lidl over it, not because of the problem but the attitude, not telling any one there was problem then getting shirty with customers who only have cards.

Not at the moment, but suffice it to say there is a lot of engineers all over it.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I think that since the Brexit vote ,we as a nation have become inherently racialmalist and this is the consequence .
I’m going to take someone to court,I feel offended.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Tad embarrassing at the PO at 4pm trying to pay for five second class stamps with me debit card....''card declined sir'' said the cashier with a look disgust.....try it again i muttered ,,second time it went through..turned around to leave and everyone of those sods in the queue were eyeballing me ....i feel a bit of PTS coming on :facepalm:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Tad embarrassing at the PO at 4pm trying to pay for five second class stamps with me debit card....''card declined sir'' said the cashier with a look disgust.....try it again i muttered ,,second time it went through..turned around to leave and everyone of those sods in the queue were eyeballing me ....i feel a bit of PTS coming on :facepalm:

It's because you look a bit odd - awful isn't it :hilton:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Alex Neill, Which? managing director of home products and services, said:

Clearly this issue will be a huge inconvenience to customers and it must be resolved urgently. Visa and the banks need to ensure no-one is left out of pocket due to this outage.

We strongly advise people to keep any evidence of extra expenses they’ve incurred in order to claim them back.”

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I had to pay cash in Morrison's* earlier too.

* - WM Morrison's PLC is a working class supermarket that sold 1kg of chicken breast fillet to me at £5.94 earlier. - **** you Waitrose shoppers. :thumbsup:

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
I’ve been taking card payments in Cowfold all day? Only heard about this when I got home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just been out spending a small fortune in various places this evening and paid for it all with my visa no problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here