Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Lush

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Sad that the purveyors of over-priced smelly stuff are still going but the creators of wonderful guitar stuff are no more.

I'd hoped it would last a while when they reformed in 2015, but they only did it for a year or so I think. Doesn't Emma live in Hastings these days?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
If I can survive that shameful drinking episode I can survive anything :)

A great night out was had by all.

I still smile about you going all the way up to the front to get the raffle prize only to find out that it was a different number! :lolol:

#nostalgia #originalclique

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
I'd hoped it would last a while when they reformed in 2015, but they only did it for a year or so I think. Doesn't Emma live in Hastings these days?

Yes, it was a shame they didn't keep going. I was lucky enough to see them one last time at the Roundhouse in 2016. Their new material was good. I'm not keen on bands coming back and playing the same old stuff but if they keep evolving, like Ride for example, then I'm all for it.
Emma is in Hastings as far as I know.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
That's weird because there is a lush in every city of the country, every shopping centre in the country and also they are in most western countries also. They are about as mainstream & chavvy as you can get.

Also I very much doubt that vegan, animal rights, tree hugging, ban-the-bypass, CND types would be anti abortion.

I've never heard of them before now, is there one in Brighton? I must go and p1ss in their doorway tonight!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I keep seeing tweets from burly old bill saying they will never shop in Lush again.
Like they did anyway :facepalm:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I've never heard of them before now, is there one in Brighton? I must go and p1ss in their doorway tonight!

Apparently I live 11 miles from their HQ and I’d never heard of them before.

There’s no branch in my town either.

Because of this thread, I now know about them and, beyond this campaign which I thing is crass, I’ve learned they support some great causes.

A successful campaign I guess.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
If a shoplifter is caught in a Lush shop today, do you think the staff would ring the police?

Yes and the Police would turn up.

:)

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Probably not

“Most police forces no longer attend reports of routine shop theft and will only send an officer to investigate if thieves have mad threats of violence against staff.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brit-businesses-complain-shoplifting-epidemic-11756332

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's weird because there is a lush in every city of the country, every shopping centre in the country and also they are in most western countries also. They are about as mainstream & chavvy as you can get.

Also I very much doubt that vegan, animal rights, tree hugging, ban-the-bypass, CND types would be anti abortion.

Lush have, from the very outset, and even prior to that in its predecessor Cosmetics to Go, been a strong advocate of animal rights, use of natural ingredients, etc. It has frequently campaigned against animal cruelity particularly in the cosmetics industry and has been proactive in establishing non animal testing methods. In that respect it has always had an affinity with some of the animal rights groups, a number of which were infiltrated by undercover police officers.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Update:

Update: Lush has removed the controversial #SpyCops campaign from some of its stores after staff were allegedly intimidated by ex-police officers.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Where is our resident female cop / mod?
I'd be intrigued to hear her opinion, especially if she just happens to have been a Lush customer in the past.
C'mon Edna, where are you ...

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Update:

Update: Lush has removed the controversial #SpyCops campaign from some of its stores after staff were allegedly intimidated by ex-police officers.
The Irony of that update is interesting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here