Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Top Gear, RIP? Matt Le Blanc leaving after next series

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Never watched Top Gear, not bothered watching the grand tour thing but as an outsider surely Guy Martin would be an excellent host ?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Top Gear, RIP? Matt Le Blanc leaving after next series

Ant McPartlin's ban should be over by then.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Jenson Button or David Coulthard for me. Or maybe even both together if they are capable of a bit of banter/ribbing. Not sure if you could keep the other current presenters with either or both of JB & DC.

Knowing the BBC they'll decide they need a woman on there to avert any discrimination headline, so will give the gigg to Claire Balding and Gabby Yorath.

Yes we need more of The Balding. Sadly underused by the BBC. She did a series on a bike so she'd be perfect for this.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its got to that point in it life that BBC will decide to go with rotating presenters.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I remember Button doing a really good segment on the show before, would like to see him involved.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
:down:didn't know it was still on .......

to be honest it became boring 2-3 years back, same old format week in week out. JC, RH and JM all just doing the same old stuff over and over, same silly pranks and jolly japes.

CE, waste of space on it,
MLB - well he may be good and i have just not given it chance i guess

kill it off, and somehow think of a completely new format of motoring programme

i'll now put on my tin hat ready for the incoming from TG devotees

I agree. It was desperate for a format change even before Clarkson, May and Hammond left. I think there is a future for Top Gear as (contrary to what some people seem to believe), it has been going since the 70's. It simply needs the format to be updated in the similar way that it was updated back in the early 2000's.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I agree. It was desperate for a format change even before Clarkson, May and Hammond left. I think there is a future for Top Gear as (contrary to what some people seem to believe), it has been going since the 70's. It simply needs the format to be updated in the similar way that it was updated back in the early 2000's.

been going in a similar sense that VW have produced a car called a "Beetle" for decades, but the new one is a very, very different creature to the old. if the format needs another radical change, its probably time to end it?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
It makes the BBC millions of pounds, they will not end it because a presenter has left.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Will kill it? It's been decomposing for a long time now, although I suppose a few devotees won't have noticed that yet!

The last series sold to 150 different countries, so making a lot of money for the BEEB, can't see it going just yet.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44320696

Him and occasional cameo from Sabine were the only things making we want to watch. The other two guys just try too hard, and I don't see the chemistry that the old folks had..

Whole thing has been shit for years, even worse with Matt Le Blanc and those other no-marks.

The problem is when you change the format to something so whizz-bang as they did in the 2000's with Clarkson etc it then becomes popular and has a shelf life. If they had left it as it was in the 70's, 80's and 90's , shockingly dull as it was, it would probably go on for another 20 years.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Whole thing has been shit for years, even worse with Matt Le Blanc and those other no-marks.

The problem is when you change the format to something so whizz-bang as they did in the 2000's with Clarkson etc it then becomes popular and has a shelf life. If they had left it as it was in the 70's, 80's and 90's , shockingly dull as it was, it would probably go on for another 20 years.
But wouldn't have subsidised the licence fee with all of those overseas sales.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here