Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Legoland

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I went to the one in Denmark as a kid and absolutely loved it! Probably cheaper to get yourself over there than buying those poxy queue jumping tickets. What an absolute scandal of an idea they are.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Went a couple of years ago on a Sunday in early September, and weather was overcast with rain and some sun (same as this weekend?)
That brought the crowds down a bit, but still queried the Q Bot just like you.
In the end, decided not to buy, and be a bit 'clip-board' about it - At the drop of the rope, race family immediately to the best rides half way in the park, while everyone else dawdles onto the first rides they see.
From there, head toward far end of park, still away from most crowds, and by the time your heading back to the front, the Q's are slightly less, and you've done the big ones already.
We stayed til the end and went on every single ride we wanted to.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would always get the q-bot or equivalent at any theme park personally - not the £80 thing though. Having a designated time usually works alright.

Agree with most on here though - it’s a colossal ripoff and creates something of a social experiment as you try to surreptitiously walk to the front of the queue with thousands of eyes burning the back of your ‘ooh look at me I paid extra’ head.

Problem is, without spending the extra premium you end up managing to do about half the things there as you’ll spend at least 4-5 hours of your day in lines, so on a VFM basis you can argue it’s worth the money, particularly if it’s a one-off trip.

Sure the kids will love it, but it’s overpriced, overcrowded and over-rated.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Also we worked a system that while we were actually queuing for some rides, we had the q-bot programmed for our next ride. We were then able to finish one ride (after queuing) and go straight to another. Rinse and repeat.

exactly the info i was after. Cheers.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I went years ago without the Q jump thing. I vowed never to do that again. I can't comment which one is best to get but you are doing the right thing by throwing cash at it.

Same here. Queues of an hour plus for virtually every attraction. In a long day, the kids did about 3 or 4 brief rides, whilst hours were spent standing in zzzzzz queues.

Which was a lesson learnt for our trip many years later to Florida. We paid a small fortune EXTRA for Universal's Fast Pass, bypassing horrendous queues. But it was worth it.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
thanks to all for the helpful replies. I know i'm going to get rinsed, and that i will effing hate it. But it's what they want to do so i think i'll pay the q-bot and make the best of it. My reason for sorting it early was to be abel to pay for the q-bot another month so hopefuly the pain will be spread a little. The kids will either love it or realise that stuff like this is not always it's cracked up to be. Either way is good with me.

This is costing me more than my wife and eldest kid going Eurostar to Lyon, with 4 nights accomodation. Rip-Off Britain anyone?:lol:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
thanks to all for the helpful replies. I know i'm going to get rinsed, and that i will effing hate it. But it's what they want to do so i think i'll pay the q-bot and make the best of it. My reason for sorting it early was to be abel to pay for the q-bot another month so hopefuly the pain will be spread a little. The kids will either love it or realise that stuff like this is not always it's cracked up to be. Either way is good with me.

This is costing me more than my wife and eldest kid going Eurostar to Lyon, with 4 nights accomodation. Rip-Off Britain anyone?:lol:

To soften the blow you’ll be able to use “your mum and xx pissed off to Lyon while I took you to Legoland” for years

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I went on Sunday and was surprised by how quiet it was.

It's still a decent day out for the kids and my 8 year old had a great day. For me the key thing was picking what you want to do the most and going for it straight away. We got there for opening and therefore avoided big queues on the ninjago ride. Most we queued all day was 30 minutes which was a massive surprise on a bank holiday weekend in half term. Check all the boards for queue times as you go around the park and then head for those bits.

I hope you used one of the many vouchers online for the tickets and didn't pay full whack?!

Little tip - if queuing for the train/walk down to the main park, go through the Star Wars model exhibition, not only is it pretty decent but the exit brings you out far closer to the front of the queue

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Windsor Legoland was VERY quiet on Royal Wedding day, according to a mate. Not much use now, admittedly.

My advice? Lower expectations around number of rides you'll do. Make the most of extra stuff - exhibitions etc.

Oh, and the Danish one is GREAT in late August, when all the locals are back at school.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I hope you used one of the many vouchers online for the tickets and didn't pay full whack?!

I got a 2 days entry for the price of one, with an overnight stay in a nearby hotel bundle. Probably not the best deal available but it was OK (well relative to what it could have cost)

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
We've been twice and both times we've used Tesco points so we haven't had to pay a penny. We didn't use Q bot and both times headed for the distant rides first off (we got there early) so there were no queues. Otherwise, it's a fairly listless day out, the rides are way too short for the time spent waiting and do take your own food. Fortunately, the youngster is now nearly 11 and too cool for Legoland now.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Why is it so rammed all the time when it sounds completely shite? I've never been and never intend to btw, just wondered.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Thinking of going to Thorpe Park for the first time in about 20 years with the Mrs who has never been to a Theme Park. Got to admit there is no way I will go without the top Q jump thing. As a one off it will be about £160 which is expensive but for once in 2 decades I dont think its worth spending the day in a Q

D

Deleted User X18H

We have been to Lego Land more than a few times. Stayed at the hotel as well a couple, that is a bit of a rip off for the price.

Qbot will enable you to rock up and glide the past the August queues for things like the Red Dragon or the ever popular Lazer Zone.

The Submarine ride is also very popular in August.

If you can I would recommend QBOT . You’ll get in 10 or more attractions. Without it maybe 4 or 5 in a full day. Queue times can be up to 2 hours

My daughter is now 8. I think we only have one more Legoland to go. My son is well over it

Last edited:

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Here is my trip advisor review, hope it helps with advice etc. Been twice, good fun for kids. (Apologies in advance for grammar and smelling pistakes)

Great day but expensive... plan your day!

My wife and I took my two boys, age 6 and 3 to Legoland yesterday and we had a fantastic time.

My tips for a stress free day are these....

Bring a pack lunch, the food is very, very expensive and predictably mainly junk food. We brought a packed lunch and our own flask, I remembered from last visit that coffee was £3.50 a cup. We had our pack lunch at the pirate play park and there are plenty of nice spots for a picnic.

If you don't want to lug your bags around there are swimming pool style lockers available for a pound a go so you can drop your bags there and head back when you need them. There ate some just after the entrance to store any emergency bits like change of clothes, jackets etc. The pound is unsurprisingly non refundable.

Pay extra for Qbot. It's £20 per person but it takes the a large slice of stress out of the day. Standing in a que for up to 45 mins with a 3 and 6 year old simply is not my idea of fun so we forked out for the standard Qbot. We got on all the rides we wanted and spent hardly any time In any que. You still have to wait for the rides but by the time you walk to the ride or have gone on something that has a smaller que the wait soon flies by.

GET THERE EARLY!!! We arrived at 9.20am, parked up and went into the park. You can't get to the rides till 10am but we got through the gate, security, ticket check and picked up Qbot then wondered around the mini lego village with the kids before the gates opened. We live almost 2 hours away so it was an early start for us all but trust me, it makes the start of the day much easier.

Head to the back of the park first and go on popular rides eacly as everyone seems to just que for the first rides they come to. When we got in we went to the rides at the back of the park, Coast Guard HQ, Atlantis, Squid Racer. None had any lines at all before 10am we actually went on the squid racer twice with no queuing at all. We then went to the pirate area and again hardly any ques until after 10.30am. After that the Qbot becomes your best friend.

Download the Legoland app and spend some time getting to know where things are before you go. Plan ahead and your day will run smoothly. This was my second visit and knowledge of the park is essential to get the most out of your day. The app also shows estimated queuing times and a useful interactive map. It will show your location if you get lost. It's not perfect by amy means but it can be helpful.

Make sure your youngest child that will want to go on any rides is at least 1 meter tall before you visit. That is the magic height to get on the best rides. Our youngest was just over one meter tall thankfully, otherwise it could have been an awful experience, consoling a tearful youngster that can't go on any good rides that his older siblings can. They will still need to ride with an adult at that height.

Please, please try and keep your cool with the kids. There did seem a lot of very stressed parents shouting at their kids. I am as guiltily of this as the next parent. My boys can be a nightmare at times on days out but because we had planned the day ahead of time we remained relatively stress free. If you feel calm and have a plan it will help them feel calm and hopefully good behaviour will follow .

Have a good chat with the kids about sticking close to you and my advice is dont fill them with too much sugar. Sugar crashes can be a serious issue and there is plenty to stimulate their senses without the additional sugar highs and lows brought on by excess fizzy drinks etc.

Another huge tip is always bring spare cloths for the little one as there are lots of opportunities to get wet on some rides and in splash park. Also our youngest son, that is a long time toilet trained had an accident because he was distracted by all the that was going on. We were taken by surprise at this but had packed spare cloths so another potential stressful situation wad avoided. If you have room for wet wipes then bring them.

Over all it costs a fortune, at every turn there is opportunity to spend more on food, merchandise etc but the look on my boys faces throughout the day was worth every penny. The joy the kids experienced made the fact we will have to eat beans on toast for the next month easier to handle.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowU...indsor_and_Maidenhead_Berkshire_England.html#

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Here is my trip advisor review, hope it helps with advice etc. Been twice, good fun for kids. (Apologies in advance for grammar and smelling pistakes)

Great day but expensive... plan your day!

My wife and I took my two boys, age 6 and 3 to Legoland yesterday and we had a fantastic time.

My tips for a stress free day are these....

Bring a pack lunch, the food is very, very expensive and predictably mainly junk food. We brought a packed lunch and our own flask, I remembered from last visit that coffee was £3.50 a cup. We had our pack lunch at the pirate play park and there are plenty of nice spots for a picnic.

If you don't want to lug your bags around there are swimming pool style lockers available for a pound a go so you can drop your bags there and head back when you need them. There ate some just after the entrance to store any emergency bits like change of clothes, jackets etc. The pound is unsurprisingly non refundable.

Pay extra for Qbot. It's £20 per person but it takes the a large slice of stress out of the day. Standing in a que for up to 45 mins with a 3 and 6 year old simply is not my idea of fun so we forked out for the standard Qbot. We got on all the rides we wanted and spent hardly any time In any que. You still have to wait for the rides but by the time you walk to the ride or have gone on something that has a smaller que the wait soon flies by.

GET THERE EARLY!!! We arrived at 9.20am, parked up and went into the park. You can't get to the rides till 10am but we got through the gate, security, ticket check and picked up Qbot then wondered around the mini lego village with the kids before the gates opened. We live almost 2 hours away so it was an early start for us all but trust me, it makes the start of the day much easier.

Head to the back of the park first and go on popular rides eacly as everyone seems to just que for the first rides they come to. When we got in we went to the rides at the back of the park, Coast Guard HQ, Atlantis, Squid Racer. None had any lines at all before 10am we actually went on the squid racer twice with no queuing at all. We then went to the pirate area and again hardly any ques until after 10.30am. After that the Qbot becomes your best friend.

Download the Legoland app and spend some time getting to know where things are before you go. Plan ahead and your day will run smoothly. This was my second visit and knowledge of the park is essential to get the most out of your day. The app also shows estimated queuing times and a useful interactive map. It will show your location if you get lost. It's not perfect by amy means but it can be helpful.

Make sure your youngest child that will want to go on any rides is at least 1 meter tall before you visit. That is the magic height to get on the best rides. Our youngest was just over one meter tall thankfully, otherwise it could have been an awful experience, consoling a tearful youngster that can't go on any good rides that his older siblings can. They will still need to ride with an adult at that height.

Please, please try and keep your cool with the kids. There did seem a lot of very stressed parents shouting at their kids. I am as guiltily of this as the next parent. My boys can be a nightmare at times on days out but because we had planned the day ahead of time we remained relatively stress free. If you feel calm and have a plan it will help them feel calm and hopefully good behaviour will follow .

Have a good chat with the kids about sticking close to you and my advice is dont fill them with too much sugar. Sugar crashes can be a serious issue and there is plenty to stimulate their senses without the additional sugar highs and lows brought on by excess fizzy drinks etc.

Another huge tip is always bring spare cloths for the little one as there are lots of opportunities to get wet on some rides and in splash park. Also our youngest son, that is a long time toilet trained had an accident because he was distracted by all the that was going on. We were taken by surprise at this but had packed spare cloths so another potential stressful situation wad avoided. If you have room for wet wipes then bring them.

Over all it costs a fortune, at every turn there is opportunity to spend more on food, merchandise etc but the look on my boys faces throughout the day was worth every penny. The joy the kids experienced made the fact we will have to eat beans on toast for the next month easier to handle.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowU...indsor_and_Maidenhead_Berkshire_England.html#

Thanks Alba. Really appreciate that. More help than i could have hoped for.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Yes. Very helpful advice.

Planned like a military operation, for kids who are neither too small or too big, Legoland can be a great day out.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham

You are very welcome! Proper planning prevents poor performance. To be fair the planning was as much for me as the kids , I get very stressed out (grumpy as f%&k, shout at kids, wife or anyone else that is around) in places like that if I have no plan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here