Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zidane

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
But if it's definite, you'd basically be printing money, and crazy to miss the chance?

Not a betting man mate! Wouldn't even start for sure money.

Essentially, a friend said it had been lined up as the news about Zizu broke. I would trust everything he says regarding Arsenal and Arsene Wenger, and would be shocked if AW didn't at least get offered the position.

Southwest Seagull

Jul 3, 2013
You are dead right, it will never happen. Real only appoint winners. .....Jurgen ( P7 L7 ) Klopp has a helluva lot to prove yet that he is not a serial loser.

The Scouse hater is at it again.

For my money, I think someone like Allegri would make the most sense. Good tactician, calming influence and he's got to be hankering after that Champions League win.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Right now Pochettino is favourite according to the Oddschecker display. I find this surprising, given he has just signed a 5-year deal with Spurs and now his players are lining up to sign similar improved deals as Levy loosens the purse strings.

I think Poch would be making a big mistake if he took the Real job now. There have been 13 managers in the last 15 years at Real and nobody's stayed longer than Mourinho's 3 years during that time. The job comes up regularly.

Contracts are all about compensation...nothing more

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Zidane for Chelsea, RA can get whoever he wants and the financial demands will be chicken feed for him to service his 'hobby'.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Zidane for Chelsea, RA can get whoever he wants and the financial demands will be chicken feed for him to service his 'hobby'.

I am not sure about this, he doesn't seem to be doing much servicing recently?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

I am not sure about this, he doesn't seem to be doing much servicing recently?

Nope. And it was on the news last night he has postponed the redevelopment of the stadium.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Very smart move by Zidane and nice to see Perez at a loss for words for once. That's one manager he won't be able to dump after they lose a few games.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
That'll come as a surprise to [MENTION=35332]Beanstalk[/MENTION]

Honestly, I think it is a bit of a surprise for everyone. It was announced three days before his first World Cup.

The guy I know is the son of someone very high up at Arsenal and a family friend of AW. I have no reason to doubt him. As far as I'm aware, AW was contacted regarding his interest and he was seriously considering it. That was the last I heard until his team put this out http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11394168/arsene-wenger-unsure-he-wants-another-crazy-challenge.

And [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION], I thankfully do not know the man you are referring to but heard he can do a job at LB.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'm hearing that they've already got their next man lined up... Arsene Wenger.
They've been after him for years and he did an interview a couple of days ago talking about how he had turned them down three times.

(honestly, this is from my only ITK source in football and I know it is pretty solid. Would be surprised if this is rubbish)

How did that work out for you ;-)

Although I am sure what you heard was all in good faith.

I used to have a contact at the Albion, Steve Brown in Mr Poyets days, and got the odd bit of info every now and then.

Things change so quickly in football that what's good one day is rubbish the next, so don't even bother sharing anymore.

That and Mr Brown is no longer around so I have no even slight link to info anymore :-(

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
How did that work out for you ;-)

See post #77.

Think we'd have all liked to have seen the Arsenal Fan TV reaction had he taken the job and lead them to a UCL and La Liga double.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here