Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zidane

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Conte is the real problem in that apparently he is not leaving his contract unless Chelsea pay him the £9million he'd earn from his final year. Chelsea can't really afford to do this due to FFP and not qualifying for the Champions League (I'm sure they will find a way to get rid of him).

Sinister thought.

Especially with a Russian owner.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh FFS this is getting stupid now.

Managers not wanting the Real Madrid job.

I guess we should just be pleased and surprised BG has heard of both Real Madrid and Zidane.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
I read that he would have the option tomorrow of resigning for £500k but Napoli would still be due compensation from whoever his next club is. Chelsea apparently believe that they will only have to pay around £3million if this is the case, rather than the £7mill they'd have to pay today.

Conte is the real problem in that apparently he is not leaving his contract unless Chelsea pay him the £9million he'd earn from his final year. Chelsea can't really afford to do this due to FFP and not qualifying for the Champions League (I'm sure they will find a way to get rid of him).

A side of Polonium 210 with his dippy egg and soldiers

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Calling Poyet and Oatway

He is doing rather well at Bordeaux. They have comfortably won five of the last six games, scoring for fun. The only game they lost was a home 0-1 defeat to PSG

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh FFS this is getting stupid now.

Managers not wanting the Real Madrid job.

I guess we should just be pleased and surprised BG has heard of both Real Madrid and Zidane.

I went out to see Real Madrid play at the Bernabau when ZZ was in his last year of playing for them; probably when you was a whipper snapper who knew even less than you do now., if that is possible.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
He is doing rather well at Bordeaux. They have comfortably won five of the last six games, scoring for fun. The only game they lost was a home 0-1 defeat to PSG

Well Gus is doing rather well with Taricco by his side. Charlie is nowhere to be seen... Anyone know what's happened to him?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Well that gets points for the worst post on this thread. Pellegrini, Quieroz, Del Bosque, Valdano, Ramos and Zidane are all managers that were NOT winners before being appointed.

Ah....but had any of them managed 7 cup finals and lost the lot?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I disagree. By all accounts the bloke is absolutely addicted to football. He obsesses over it, watches it endlessly, and if it were up to him he'd still be in the hot seat at Arsenal.

If France bomb at the World Cup and they bin off Deschamps, I reckon he'd jump at that job (if ZZ doesn't get there first).

Enjoys working ( at something he loves ) and wants to keep doing it as long as he is physically and mentally able. You have to keep going in life. Too many people wind down too early. They think all the rest and relaxation is good for them. It is better to maintain activity and keep that edge going. The brain demands constant exercise.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Right now Pochettino is favourite according to the Oddschecker display. I find this surprising, given he has just signed a 5-year deal with Spurs and now his players are lining up to sign similar improved deals as Levy loosens the purse strings.

I think Poch would be making a big mistake if he took the Real job now. There have been 13 managers in the last 15 years at Real and nobody's stayed longer than Mourinho's 3 years during that time. The job comes up regularly.

His new contract only changes the potential compensation Spurs would get, not the likelihood of him going........

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its ' Arry ' for me for Madrid.
Ideal man to lick that squad of overpaid, underperforming and cheating ponces into shape. Only problem, could they afford him?

Would mean a VERY early start in the morning from Sandbanks. Still, this didn't stop him before (Spuds). I'm IN!

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
Well that gets points for the worst post on this thread. Pellegrini, Quieroz, Del Bosque, Valdano, Ramos and Zidane are all managers that were NOT winners before being appointed.

Your point is well taken,

However, Juande Ramos is an interesting one. He's the answer to the never-aired question - who was the manager when Spurs actually last won a ******* trophy?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Enjoys working ( at something he loves ) and wants to keep doing it as long as he is physically and mentally able. You have to keep going in life. Too many people wind down too early. They think all the rest and relaxation is good for them. It is better to maintain activity and keep that edge going. The brain demands constant exercise.

Is that how you explain all those hours on NSC?

Me too :banana::wink:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would say he is very much ITK. and not worth going to the bookies as he's already favourite for the job. Within half an hour.

But if it's definite, you'd basically be printing money, and crazy to miss the chance?

Jimmy Grimble

Well Gus is doing rather well with Taricco by his side. Charlie is nowhere to be seen... Anyone know what's happened to him?

Drinking in the Brewery Tap or Long Man of Wilmington

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here