Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lamps

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Well of course. No guarantee he will succeed, but who he is is due to the wealth of experience played at the top level. I don't see how that is favouring him as top players will listen more readily to someone who has been there and done it rather than a journeyman footballer from the lower leagues who has worked his way up.

Indeed, no guarantees but it will be a fun ride. Best news is, Stoke are paying for it :thumbsup:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
When I saw him discuss us last season, he was always very complementary and nice about us. So I wish him well, it would be nice to see a new manager go in and do a good job.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
TBF, Derby have appointed Clough Clement, Wassell and Rowett in the last few years - none of them is an old lag with a string of failures behind them. There are some clubs who take their next manager from the merry-go-round but Derby (let's draw a veil over Dutch Schteeve) aren't one of them. FF is an appointment in the same vein.

any yet their best and most successful manager amongst that lot was Steve McClaren

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here