Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lamps

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Will John Terry be joining him now he's left Villa?

Think JT will want to be a manager in his own right, already spoken of his desire to manage his Chelsea. Expect JT will get an EPL job although not sure if he would miss the two games against his beloved Chelsea.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Exactly.

FF is a man who has spent his career in dressing rooms and on training fields with some of the best coaches and managers in the world. He comes across as fairly bright and articulate, so I'm sure some of those managers methods will have rubbed off on him. He's been there and done it all as a player so in that respect he brings a wealth of experience to the table, and players respect that. I gather he's got his coaching badges as well, he was coaching kids at Chelsea, so this is a good chance for him now to make the next step.

He's got Uefa B Badges - Two more levels to go.

I personally have a hunch he'll do well.He's driven and erudite and hasa decent tactical brain so no obvious reason why he should fail. It's a risk though, and if I was a Ram I'd far prefer someone more qualified.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Me too to be honest. Dare l say that if it wasn't for the sake he is the famous Frank, he might well have to search lower down the league for his very first managerial experience.

A case of who you are, rather than what you know, perhaps?

dont think so when there's so much at stake. being a name probably gets you an interview, cant see it counting for much in interview if you dont impress them with other aspects. but then this Derby who a couple seasons ago didnt want to be promoted, so perhaps thats still their plan.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
dont think so when there's so much at stake. being a name probably gets you an interview, cant see it counting for much in interview if you dont impress them with other aspects. but then this Derby who a couple seasons ago didnt want to be promoted, so perhaps thats still their plan.

With Lampard's status I think the interview process would be very much a two way street, the Chairman would be just as keen to impress his interviewee as much as Lampard would need to impress him.

If I was a Derby fan I would be excited thinking it's a green light to a greater playing budget, Lampard doesnt need the money so he is joining to deliver success and him and his dad knows money makes the footballing world go round.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Think JT will want to be a manager in his own right, already spoken of his desire to manage his Chelsea. Expect JT will get an EPL job although not sure if he would miss the two games against his beloved Chelsea.

HAHA - I hope so. JT will be a massive ****-up as a manager and will be sacked pretty quickly. He'll then prove to be too thick as a pundit even for Sky. He'll be running a pub within 2 years.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
first Gerrard, now Lampard.. BT sport have lost half their pundits in this window already! wonder who'll they'll bring in to replace the sheer out of control excitement both those two gave to the role.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just seen a happy Lamps in the press conference - he's positively beaming!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Looking forward to Gerrard & Lampard next season.
Both good players and won a lot of cups.
But they were also very good at telling us where everybody was going wrong and what they should have done.
So can they bring that knowledge and expertise to the dug out?
I think they will find that it is not as easy as sitting in a chair.
I would love to see Merson have a go at it.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A few of the younger Derby supporters will be incandescent that they missed out on Zidane.

Oil bet that they'd love to have kerosene him in the dugout.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I would love to see Merson have a go at it.

giphy.gif

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Indeed, and if he succeeds it would be a breath of fresh air. My only point is, that a less high profile player, probably wouldn't get the cnance to manage at such a high level, in his first managerial appointment. That said, if things don't go well, his fall from grace could be all the greater.
One word. Gary Neville.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here