Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lamps

0 Not allowed!
    Will John Terry be joining him now he's left Villa?
    Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
    In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
    Yea, Sussex by the sea!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      The brightness of this appointment should not be underestimated , Frank will be a shining example amongst a pit of what seems never ending gloom , his brilliance as a player will rub off on quite a few thus far lacklustre players and turn them into glowing examples of how one persons luminescence can dazzle them and in doing so and raise the spirits of thousands who will in turn fulgurate for Frank for many years to come .
      Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I love lamp.
      Me too, you see an awful ot of it on restaurant menus in Greece. p is b in their language.

1 Not allowed!
      Good luck to him. He could've taken the easy option and just stayed in a Sky Sports studio talking a good game, as so many of his comrades choose to do. But he's taken the plunge by taking a proper job on and I hope he makes a success of it.

We always have such a DERTH of choice when it comes to appointing managers for England. We need more ex-players like FF who have spent their careers at the highest level taking up managerial posts like this and gaining experience, instead of being in a studio with Sam Matterface pushing graphical blobs round a tactics board. He might be a success, he might not, but he's giving it a go and he deserves credit for that IMO.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Rohan Ince's Python View Post
      Odd appointment given they tried inexperience so recently with Clement

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
      Me too to be honest. Dare l say that if it wasn't for the sake he is the famous Frank, he might well have to search lower down the league for his very first managerial experience.

A case of who you are, rather than what you know, perhaps?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      Me too to be honest. Dare l say that if it wasn't for the sake he is the famous Frank, he might well have to search lower down the league for his very first managerial experience.

A case of who you are, rather than what you know, perhaps?
      Well of course. No guarantee he will succeed, but who he is is due to the wealth of experience played at the top level. I don't see how that is favouring him as top players will listen more readily to someone who has been there and done it rather than a journeyman footballer from the lower leagues who has worked his way up.
      If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......

0 Not allowed!
      I love lamp.
      I said exactly this. Anchorman reference.

But that aside, I really do like Lamps and think in time he will make an excellent manager. I'd like to have him at the Albion one day. He will benefit from great contacts in the game and I expect him to do very well. Just hope Derby give him the time to develop as I don't see him doing it in one season.

0 Not allowed!
      Well of course. No guarantee he will succeed, but who he is is due to the wealth of experience played at the top level. I don't see how that is favouring him as top players will listen more readily to someone who has been there and done it rather than a journeyman footballer from the lower leagues who has worked his way up.
      Exactly.

FF is a man who has spent his career in dressing rooms and on training fields with some of the best coaches and managers in the world. He comes across as fairly bright and articulate, so I'm sure some of those managers methods will have rubbed off on him. He's been there and done it all as a player so in that respect he brings a wealth of experience to the table, and players respect that. I gather he's got his coaching badges as well, he was coaching kids at Chelsea, so this is a good chance for him now to make the next step.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      Will 'serial failures' Derby prove to be an angle-poisoned chalice for Frank?
      Beer in the Netherlands - "Probably the best beer guide to the Netherlands ever written." - Trufflehound.

0 Not allowed!
      Indeed, and if he succeeds it would be a breath of fresh air. My only point is, that a less high profile player, probably wouldn't get the cnance to manage at such a high level, in his first managerial appointment. That said, if things don't go well, his fall from grace could be all the greater.