Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 116

Thread: Grenfell

  1. #81

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to bite, when I said to myself I wouldn't. What names do British people have? Smith, Brown, Johnson, Bloom, Barber?

    Your marriage breaking up is nothing to do with the housing crisis. I'm ex-service and so was my first husband. We got a council house within three weeks of him leaving the Navy.

    Your post is racist, pure and unadultered racism.
    your post is pure unadulterated havent got a f*cking clue because youre so far removed from it its painful , the same goes for @Beach Hut who has never lived in an area with a large immigrant population , he once claimed he did untiil he was embarrassingly found out.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #82

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by jaghebby View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      How have you seen it first hand? I used to work for a local authourity and know for a fact that not to be the case. Also now when you say British do you actually mean white?
      ive lived in joint private /social housing blocks and ive seen immigrant allicated housing who have been here a matter of weeks , are you telling me im lying ?
    • #83
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      40,543


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by alfredmizen View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      your post is pure unadulterated havent got a f*cking clue because youre so far removed from it its painful , the same goes for @Beach Hut who has never lived in an area with a large immigrant population , he once claimed he did untiil he was embarrassingly found out.
      I have lived in Huddersfield in a predominently Asian area, and worked in Leeds & Bradford, so your post is incorrect, and irrelevant, not forgetting the council house we got as ex-forces was in Dewsbury.
      Last edited by Thunder Bolt; 01-06-2018 at 20:06.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
    • #84
      Members SIMMO SAYS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Location
      Incommunicado
      Posts
      10,278


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by alfredmizen View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      your post is pure unadulterated havent got a f*cking clue because youre so far removed from it its painful , the same goes for @Beach Hut who has never lived in an area with a large immigrant population , he once claimed he did untiil he was embarrassingly found out.
      Thanks for the information on old @Beach Hut - he treats white working class people the same way
      You know I'm right
    • #85
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      8,561


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The reason this issue will never get resolved and why Grenfell's will occur again is because they have used the cladding as a scapegoat. It's cheap and easy to replace and by re-cladding and testing it looks like they are solving the problem. They're not. The problem lies in the gas piping in these buildings and until that is ripped out and replaced all high rises are at risk. Wait until that revelation is made public. Lots of people with lots of blood on their hands.
      I had a 12th floor Council Flat in the Elephant & Castle. We got a gas leak under the concrete floor of the kitchen. This was 30 years after the block was built. Southwark Council should then have checked all the gas pipes in the building. This was 1997. They didn't. Private Landlords leasing a flat legally need to have a Gas Safety test done. A council tower block does not have a test for each flat.
    • #86

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm going to bite, when I said to myself I wouldn't. What names do British people have? Smith, Brown, Johnson, Bloom, Barber?

      Your marriage breaking up is nothing to do with the housing crisis. I'm ex-service and so was my first husband. We got a council house within three weeks of him leaving the Navy.

      Your post is racist, pure and unadultered racism.
      British ? like this f*cking lot ? british when it SUITS them gou should have put , no this isnt karachi , its tooting , MY hometown id love to see how youd react were brighton ti become like this , british ? do me a favour
    • #87
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Back in Sussex
      Posts
      1,515


      0 Not allowed!
      This is a very long read - but if you want to find out about the fire, the causes, the blame and of course - the people involved - then you should read this from the London Review of Books: https://www.lrb.co.uk/v40/n11/andrew-ohagan/the-tower
    • #88
      Everything Must Change Beach Hut's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Living In a Box
      Posts
      65,352


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SIMMO SAYS View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Thanks for the information on old @Beach Hut - he treats white working class people the same way
      Not all just the chosen ones that naturally deserve it
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !
    • #89
      Members SIMMO SAYS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Location
      Incommunicado
      Posts
      10,278


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Beach Hut View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not all just the chosen ones that naturally deserve it
      I guarantee nobody on NSC knows what the feck you are on about.

      You can wriggle all you like but you are on my hook ---- live with it .

      Are you excited
      You know I'm right
    • #90
      Everything Must Change Beach Hut's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Living In a Box
      Posts
      65,352


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SIMMO SAYS View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I guarantee nobody on NSC knows what the feck you are on about.

      You can wriggle all you like but you are on my hook ---- live with it .

      Are you excited
      Quite probably no-one understands anything you say, however you seem to have a penchant for threatening people which is extremely sad to say the least.
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •