Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League club has striking off order from Registrar of Companies. Who could it be?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No we have not achieved category one status. Yet one of our academy players is playing regularly in the premier league, yet we have to wait a few more years for yours to produce. Then again I was hearing that a few.years ago. We have Wan Bissaka, you lot have potential. Potential doesn't win games.

This may be hard for you to fathom but I have a lot more going on in my life than Crystal Palace. As for not caring about anything more than the next five minutes etc, what do you want me to do exactly, stay awake at night worrying. The way Brighton have gone up the league's is very impressive, I mean how did they manage it with only hundreds of millions pumped in.

We managed it without going into administration twice, something your club couldn’t.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
No we have not achieved category one status. Yet one of our academy players is playing regularly in the premier league, yet we have to wait a few more years for yours to produce. Then again I was hearing that a few.years ago. We have Wan Bissaka, you lot have potential. Potential doesn't win games.

This may be hard for you to fathom but I have a lot more going on in my life than Crystal Palace. As for not caring about anything more than the next five minutes etc, what do you want me to do exactly, stay awake at night worrying. The way Brighton have gone up the league's is very impressive, I mean how did they manage it with only hundreds of millions pumped in.

Thats rubbish Steve Cook for Bournemouth is a regular in the Prem outside of playing for Brighton. Russell Martin has many premier league appearances and Gareth Barry. Tommy Elphick a few aswell.

Since Tony Bloom took over 9 years ago Brighton has had about £600 million go through our books (£300m from Mr Bloom). Since Palace was promoted 5 years ago you have had about £600m go through your books. I wonder who got better value for money.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
vehPBMu.gif

Palarse, state of the art accounting system!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

It isn't hard to fathom at all because clearly one of the other things you have going on in your life that more important that worrying about your club pissing money away is coming on here and failing to justify it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
How was our’s?

We can be proud of our chairman and what he personally has done for us and the club - but it is still what he has done, not what we have done.

He can only do it because of what we did though. Of all the clubs in the football league, I think we have the most right to feel somewhat responsible for the success we are enjoying. Lets not forget how close it was to going another way.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
How is it being funded ?

My guess is that they will get it all set up on tick and then go into administration again so they have to pay a tiny % of the bills.

It's how they roll (as the kids say)

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Thats rubbish Steve Cook for Bournemouth is a regular in the Prem outside of playing for Brighton. Russell Martin has many premier league appearances and Gareth Barry. Tommy Elphick a few aswell.

Since Tony Bloom took over 9 years ago Brighton has had about £600 million go through our books (£300m from Mr Bloom). Since Palace was promoted 5 years ago you have had about £600m go through your books. I wonder who got better value for money.

I was talking about recently as four years were mentioned. You mentioned three players, I don't think I could think of three of our academy players who have played premier league football, let me think about it and get back to you. There was me thinking that you lot were all fur coat and no knickers.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
He can only do it because of what we did though. Of all the clubs in the football league, I think we have the most right to feel somewhat responsible for the success we are enjoying. Lets not forget how close it was to going another way.

Absolutely right - however we wouldn’t have either the stadium nor the training ground withou TB - it’s certainly not the club nor the fans who have paid for either - in financial terms, which is what the thread is about, the club has only lost money in the last 9 years.

It all boils down to a “my dad is bigger than yours” childish argument - albeit a rather fun one nevertheless:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm bored of Swillis now, can we please stop feeding the troll.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was talking about recently as four years were mentioned. You mentioned three players, I don't think I could think of three of our academy players who have played premier league football, let me think about it and get back to you. There was me thinking that you lot were all fur coat and no knickers.

Back to the earlier comments about my 'obvious agenda' when writing and commenting about Palace's football finances, can you show us in the article where that exists?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Wonderful response. It takes me hours and hours to comment on here.

Probably does actually. You and your ilk are always on here, excepting the wonderful period at the start of last season. Bliss that was. Oh and when our former (loan) player Lingard broke your little hearts at the cup final. That was wonderful as well.

giphy (1).gif

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

You should be fine. I avoid you like the plague, you could always put me on ignore if I worry you that much. As for trolling, are you worried I'm competition for you.

Eight minutes past seven, so you did stay up all night worrying?

You are getting obsessive about Brighton.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Back to the earlier comments about my 'obvious agenda' when writing and commenting about Palace's football finances, can you show us in the article where that exists?

Still not read it yet. Been watching the world cup around working and family. Are we looking at admin 3 again?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Probably does actually. You and your ilk are always on here, excepting the wonderful period at the start of last season. Bliss that was. Oh and when our former (loan) player Lingard broke your little hearts at the cup final. That was wonderful as well.

View attachment 98053

Bit difficult when I was banned for a year as Bozza was on his period.
As you said, your former loan player. So not actually your player, but you lot need something to boast about. You cannot boast about beating us yourselves :lol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here