Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League club has striking off order from Registrar of Companies. Who could it be?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m not sure how much we lost that year - it wasn’t as much as that, but we wouldn’t have had the money from the Play Off final, which would’ve helped your losses considerably. Unless you’ve been living in a cave or been in a coma (both of which are eminently possible...), you’d have noticed that football costs have risen out of all control in the upper echelons of English football. Therefore if you’d been in our situation, it is highly likely, nay almost certain, that your losses last year would’ve been £40m+. Selhurst being an absolute shithole means that your non-matchday income would’ve been non-existant and you’d have had half the number of people there as we did.
....plus the impact of ticket deals on Groupon.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No idea, The accounts are with the premier league at present. Only Parish and his accountants would be able to say why they are late.

Is there only one copy of the accounts?

When my accountant does my accounts, I get a copy, he gets a copy, and HMRC gets a copy. I would suggest you advise your club to invest some of your ‘small profit’ in a photocopier, then you can send a copy each to the PL, and to Company House, everyone’s happy!

You have not been charged for this advice.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex

When my accountant does my accounts, I get a copy, he gets a copy, and HMRC gets a copy. I would suggest you advise your club to invest some of your ‘small profit’ in a photocopier, then you can send a copy each to the PL, and to Company House, everyone’s happy!

You wouldn't be paid even if you did charge.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Think PL have to review and approve first (just to make sure no PL rules broken, which I'm sure they haven't....)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The first paragraph you have just made up a load of nonsense as you have no actual idea why the accounts have been submitted late, Well played.

The second is laughable - you lot racked up £40m in debts last season alone, More than palace ever have in our entire 113 year history. Some may suggest a complete lack of self-awareness. :tosser:
Ha ha ha.

That's right, Palace deal with their debts with a CVA.

The millions owed suddenly disappear into £1 in the pound.

When people ask me why our rivals are based in London I reply what's even stranger is that our rivalry is with an 8 year old football club.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
No idea, The accounts are with the premier league at present. Only Parish and his accountants would be able to say why they are late.

Why would the Premier League need to see your accounts before they are submitted to companies house? They will need to see them for FFP purposes but don’t need to approve them surely? They should just be a statement of facts.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Crystal Palace, the club that keeps on giving. When the implosion comes it will be massive.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Simon Jordan lost a £75 million pound fortune. If you read reports / interviews it is estimated at least half of that was done to the football.

Goldberg lost a £40 million pound fortune. He paid 23.8m for the club.

2 administrations, the worst ground in the Premier League and they come on here and lecture us on OUR finances.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Errr .... accounts sent to Companies House by a limited company don't need Premier League approval. The only thing the PL are interested in is FFP and doesn't prevent a club sending their accounts to Companies House as per the law .... unless of course they've lied in the FFP accounts and the full accounts will show this and thus prove they've cheated.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The EPL are not auditors. Why would they need to see the accounts before they are filed ? If the club auditors are happy then they get sent off to Companies House and whoever else wants them. I don't get it.

That said, the club will just be fined and the matter will be resolved quickly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The first paragraph you have just made up a load of nonsense as you have no actual idea why the accounts have been submitted late, Well played.

The second is laughable - you lot racked up £40m in debts last season alone, More than palace ever have in our entire 113 year history. Some may suggest a complete lack of self-awareness. :tosser:

The first paragraph is just speculation on my part. I haven't attempted to present it as fact, just as a possible reason. The likelihood of the missing accounts could be due to a big hole in your FFP. Thats fairly plausible IMO. Time will tell I suppose (unless you're dissolved).

YOUR second paragraph is the laughable one. Firstly, you conveniently ignore the fact that the amount of debts your club has had written off DWARFS the £40m losses BHA made that season. Secondly, that £40m you bang on about is losses - not debt to other people. Its money that was paid out, ie covered, by this bloke at BHA who's name escapes me, but he's got a few bob. Nobody outside of BHAFC is out of pocket.

You see sometimes when you actually PAY your bills, you end up making losses. I appreciate that paying bills is not a concept CPFC2010 are overly familiar with though, so I know how confusing this must be for you.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The EPL are not auditors. Why would they need to see the accounts before they are filed ? If the club auditors are happy then they get sent off to Companies House and whoever else wants them. I don't get it.

That said, the club will just be fined and the matter will be resolved quickly.

The PL don’t need to see them first......but they do have a number of other requirements........never realised there were so many. Page 117 onwards if anyone is bored😂

https://pulse-static-files.s3.amazo...f0-c2abbd6a6f4b/PL_Handbook_2017-18_FINAL.pdf

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"However, BBC Sport understands the delay is down to a technical issue and will be resolved imminently."

That's some technical issue :D

Excellent, a Palace fan who isn’t trying to bluff and bluster through the ineptitude of his club to file their accounts on time :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"However, BBC Sport understands the delay is down to a technical issue and will be resolved imminently."

That's some technical issue :D

More lies. Nothing technical holds up the e-filing of a set of accounts with Companies House for this long. It will be a combination of audit queries and boardroom ineptitude.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here