Page 43 of 99 FirstFirst ... 33404142434445465393 ... LastLast
    On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You'd have thought that coming on here, getting everything wrong and being thoroughly rinsed about it would get boring. But no, still they do it.

Maybe our visiting goons would be better off on the 14 page thread about this subject (the accounts not being filed, as that's what THIS thread is supposed to be about) on their own forum.

https://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?...171588&page=14

Along with a lot of "oh I'm sure it's nothing to worry about" type guff, ill informed posts about accounts and some of them accusing each other of libel, there are some gems:

And the classic.....

Seems some of them are nowhere near as cavalier as the ones that post on here who absolutely refuse to believe it’s something to worry about.
    Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      'Insider Croydon' yesterday: And according to sources close to the club, that is expected to be the same situation in the case of Palace when its accounts are formally submitted “in the next few days”.

The source said that the reason for the delay has been the increasingly complicated relationship between CPFC 2010 Ltd and the other companies involved with the club, including CPFC Ltd, CPFC Selhurst Park Ltd, and two other holding companies owned by Palace’s American investors.

The accounts are understood to have been with the Premier League for some time, and the delay in filing has been entirely due to the auditing process, the source said.
      "Intercluderent aut mori"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      The point, that you are willfully ignoring, is that there was never, at any stage, a necessity for Palace to enter administration. At no stage were your debts close to the value of your (playing) assets. You could have sold two or three (five or six if necessary) of your star players, paid all of your debts in full, and continued as a proud club, albeit with a temporary setback of a weakened playing squad.

Selling those stars would have had the added benefit of vastly reducing the club's running costs (salary obligations), so on this new even keel, you would go about consolidating / rebuilding, at the foot of the Championship, or heaven forbid, League one.

Instead (and of course this path is not exclusive to Palace) you took the snide way out - stole honest earnings owed to other businesses and individuals, kept the star players on tens of thousands a week, and laughed in the face of fair play. Your club has no shame. You know that, too.
      You are incorrect. Simon Jordan didn't want the club to enter administration but was forced to by a trigger happy Agilo over a debt of £4.1m. If Jordan had gotten his way, the club would have remained solvent and sold players to fund repayment of debts. When Agilo forced Palace into administration it caused Jordan to lose the majority of his fortune.

" But Palace's financial travails continued: their top player was earning £11,000 a week while attendances were dipping. "The cash flow was shot to pieces, gate receipts were £1 million down,'' said Jordan. "Most directors at other clubs would have run for the hills but I stood tall and paid in £6 million.''

Agilo, though, was becoming concerned about pressure for payments from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs and the collapse of a proposed injection of £7.5 million from the controversial Hero Fund (which lends against young playing squads). The race was on to see which would get its money out of Palace first: Agilo or the tax-man.

"On Jan 26, I told the hedge fund I have player transfers I can do, I have buyers in the wings, we'll be fine,'' said Jordan. The following day, at 3pm, Agilo called in the administrators to the horror of Jordan and the club's bankers, Lloyds.

The debt was relatively minor, £4.1 million, yet the ramifications were major. "There is a very real possibility that because of the action over the debt, Palace may not survive,'' said Jordan. "This administration is outrageous and utterly pointless. I felt royally shafted. I felt devastated, humiliated, embarrassed. I have done 10 years of my life and £35 million on Palace.

"My only focus was trying to pay the players and staff with the Revenue and hedge fund up my ****. I asked the players to wait a few days to be paid; whilst they need their money, a guy on £15,000 a year on the commercial staff needs his money a little bit more. "

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ll-owners.html

As for selling star players, Palace sold Victor Moses to Wigan for a cutprice £2.5m out of desperation in an attempt to keep the club afloat.

Please don't let facts get in the way of your pointless Palace-bashing though.
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ThePaddy View Post
      You are incorrect. Simon Jordan didn't want the club to enter administration but was forced to by a trigger happy Agilo over a debt of £4.1m. If Jordan had gotten his way, the club would have remained solvent and sold players to fund repayment of debts. When Agilo forced Palace into administration it caused Jordan to lose the majority of his fortune.

" But Palace's financial travails continued: their top player was earning £11,000 a week while attendances were dipping. "The cash flow was shot to pieces, gate receipts were £1 million down,'' said Jordan. "Most directors at other clubs would have run for the hills but I stood tall and paid in £6 million.''

Agilo, though, was becoming concerned about pressure for payments from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs and the collapse of a proposed injection of £7.5 million from the controversial Hero Fund (which lends against young playing squads). The race was on to see which would get its money out of Palace first: Agilo or the tax-man.

"On Jan 26, I told the hedge fund I have player transfers I can do, I have buyers in the wings, we'll be fine,'' said Jordan. The following day, at 3pm, Agilo called in the administrators to the horror of Jordan and the club's bankers, Lloyds.

The debt was relatively minor, £4.1 million, yet the ramifications were major. "There is a very real possibility that because of the action over the debt, Palace may not survive,'' said Jordan. "This administration is outrageous and utterly pointless. I felt royally shafted. I felt devastated, humiliated, embarrassed. I have done 10 years of my life and £35 million on Palace.

"My only focus was trying to pay the players and staff with the Revenue and hedge fund up my ****. I asked the players to wait a few days to be paid; whilst they need their money, a guy on £15,000 a year on the commercial staff needs his money a little bit more. "

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ll-owners.html

As for selling star players, Palace sold Victor Moses to Wigan for a cutprice £2.5m out of desperation in an attempt to keep the club afloat.

Facts?

You sold ONE player? Whoopie ****ing do.

How about you sold more players, earlier, and didn't spend beyond your means, and so didn't ever NEED to come to administration
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Glory hunting since 1969 lawros left foot's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Se20 View Post
      Apparently the accounts are due in this week, hopefully Admin 3 is avoided, this thread gets buried, and you can start a new Palace thread.
      Is that THIS week, some other this week, this week to be decided sometime in the future, this week may never come, or some other kind of THIS week?
      You be glad you be Sussex born!
      Glory hunting since 1969 lawros left foot's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Facts?

How about you sold more players, earlier, and didn't spend beyond your means, and so didn't ever NEED to come to administration
      For the SECOND Time!!!!
      You be glad you be Sussex born!
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by lawros left foot View Post
      For the SECOND Time!!!!
      Well, quite. Having already gone down the going-bust route once, you'd think that a proud club would then at least TRY to cut its cloth according to its means.

But no - they chose to buy and pay players that their income / crowds did not support, financed by borrowing - with no regard for any consequences down the line. Then when it all inevitably comes crashing down, blame the lender for insisting on their payments owed.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ThePaddy View Post

Palace bashing is NEVER pointless. We don't like you, or your sort in here.
      If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......

0 Not allowed!
      Facts?

We also sold Jose Fonte to Southampton for £1.2m. We agreed a fee to sell Clyne as well but the player refused to leave the club.

You are moving the goalposts here. You were suggesting that Palace deliberately entered administration (and risked the very existence of the football club) to screw over our creditors. Do you now see that you were wrong?

0 Not allowed!
      Well, quite. Having already gone down the going-bust route once, you'd think that a proud club would then at least TRY to cut its cloth according to its means.

But no - they chose to buy and pay players that their income / crowds did not support, financed by borrowing - with no regard for any consequences down the line. Then when it all inevitably comes crashing down, blame the lender for insisting on their payments owed.
      The lender didn't put Palace into administration because we weren't making our payments. They put Palace into administration because they were an aggressive hedge fund that wanted to extract their money before Palace paid HMRC.