Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League club has striking off order from Registrar of Companies. Who could it be?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I think we all know what's going to happen here, ultimately. Because it's Palace. They wriggle their way out of trouble by any means necessary, and never face any real consequences - whether that's going into administration and screwing over creditors, lying about poogate knowing full well one of their own was responsible, or on the pitch, their golden boy showing all the balance and poise of a newborn deer with an inner ear infection. Cheating is in their DNA. They thrive on it and revel in it.

The reason for the delay might be some kind of skulduggery, an irregularity of the accounts or an FFP overspend their odious owner is trying to cover up. But even if it is, they'll get a pointless fine for filing late, perhaps a couple of grand. And nothing more will come of it. This thread, and wider public perception of the issue, will dissolve into nothing.

It should matter that they can't (or won't) fulfil basic responsibilities like filing accounts on time - but they don't care. That's evidenced in everything they do and say. What happened to the identification and banning of their scummy little chavs who put stewards in hospital and let off fireworks in the game last year? Absolutely nothing. They don't even talk a good game, they just unashamedly don't care. And if this turns out to be anything serious, they still won't care. They'll write off any debt, and start again for a third time. And knowing Palace, they'll wriggle their way out of trouble again, not get relegated, and carry on not caring and not being held to account.

So anyone here hoping this is going to be armaggedon for them is barking up the wrong tree. That club is Chlamydia to the football league. No one likes it and everyone agrees the world would be better off without it, but you'll never really get rid of it. It festers and it endures and it will do until the last human being is left on this earth. And that last human will probably be Zaha, still wandering around tripping over nothing, pleading to a ref who no longer exists with faux outrage etched into his ratty little features.

It's never their fault.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think we all know what's going to happen here, ultimately. Because it's Palace. They wriggle their way out of trouble by any means necessary, and never face any real consequences - whether that's going into administration and screwing over creditors, lying about poogate knowing full well one of their own was responsible, or on the pitch, their golden boy showing all the balance and poise of a newborn deer with an inner ear infection. Cheating is in their DNA. They thrive on it and revel in it.

The reason for the delay might be some kind of skulduggery, an irregularity of the accounts or an FFP overspend their odious owner is trying to cover up. But even if it is, they'll get a pointless fine for filing late, perhaps a couple of grand. And nothing more will come of it. This thread, and wider public perception of the issue, will dissolve into nothing.

It should matter that they can't (or won't) fulfil basic responsibilities like filing accounts on time - but they don't care. That's evidenced in everything they do and say. What happened to the identification and banning of their scummy little chavs who put stewards in hospital and let off fireworks in the game last year? Absolutely nothing. They don't even talk a good game, they just unashamedly don't care. And if this turns out to be anything serious, they still won't care. They'll write off any debt, and start again for a third time. And knowing Palace, they'll wriggle their way out of trouble again, not get relegated, and carry on not caring and not being held to account.

So anyone here hoping this is going to be armaggedon for them is barking up the wrong tree. That club is Chlamydia to the football league. No one likes it and everyone agrees the world would be better off without it, but you'll never really get rid of it. It festers and it endures and it will do until the last human being is left on this earth. And that last human will probably be Zaha, still wandering around tripping over nothing, pleading to a ref who no longer exists with faux outrage etched into his ratty little features.

It's never their fault.

Fantastic, well played [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was expecting the cessation of the strike off to be because the accounts had been filed but here we still are.

I don't see how the Premier League can check for FFP compliance without accounts and it would then be irresponsible to let a club loose in a transfer window if they haven't filed their accounts. It is not uncommon for clubs to have to shed players on high wages so that they comply with FFP.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was expecting the cessation of the strike off to be because the accounts had been filed but here we still are.

I don't see how the Premier League can check for FFP compliance without accounts and it would then be irresponsible to let a club lose in a transfer window if they haven't filed their accounts. It is not uncommon for clubs to have the shed players on high wages so that they comply with FFP.

They're probably in the throes of spunking more money up the wall on shit strikers, and just want to get it over the line before they get a transfer embargo imposed for driving a truck through FFP. Its the Palace way.

Thieving, cheating weasels.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't see how the Premier League can check for FFP compliance without accounts and it would then be irresponsible to let a club loose in a transfer window if they haven't filed their accounts.

I think the Premier League HAVE seen the accounts, no?

Wasn't the Palace apologists' feeble 'explanation' for the late filing with Companies House, that the accounts were 'still with the PL'?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Wasn't the Palace apologists' feeble 'explanation' for the late filing with Companies House, that the accounts were 'still with the PL'?

Be a bit pointless the PL seeing the accounts before they'd been signed off by the auditors as they wouldn't mean anything as far as FFP etc was concerned.

And if they had been signed off by the auditors then why not just submit them to Companies House as that has nothing to do with the PL.

Oh yeah, it was all complete bullshit from Palace as per.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I would have thought you'd finalise the accounts, sign them off, file them and then give them to the Premier League?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Surely all that is needed is a quick courier delivery ? ???

Or are things more sinister with a secret that can't for now be told ? ???

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
That club is Chlamydia to the football league. No one likes it and everyone agrees the world would be better off without it, but you'll never really get rid of it. It festers and it endures and it will do until the last human being is left on this earth. And that last human will probably be Zaha, still wandering around tripping over nothing, pleading to a ref who no longer exists with faux outrage etched into his ratty little features.

It's never their fault.

Love that rant, particularly this bit :bowdown:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That club is Chlamydia to the football league. No one likes it and everyone agrees the world would be better off without it, but you'll never really get rid of it. It festers and it endures and it will do until the last human being is left on this earth. And that last human will probably be Zaha, still wandering around tripping over nothing, pleading to a ref who no longer exists with faux outrage etched into his ratty little features.

That good sir is magnificent.

Well played.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012

It's never their fault.

Post of the year.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I hope this gets resolved by Thursday . I hate you to spoil your fixture breakfast by constantly checking your phones for updates on it .

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I hope this gets resolved by Thursday . I hate you to spoil your fixture breakfast by constantly checking your phones for updates on it .

You really are a complete dumbass arent you? Over 4.5K posts on a rivals forum when your club is just appoint to set sail up the swanee again.

Idiot

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Meanwhile...the accounts still haven't been submitted by the scum up the road.

It is likely that the striking-off application has been withdrawn because a creditor has spotted the Registrar's notice and has gone "OI! You can't strike the scumbags off. They owe us a small fortune".

That would be enough for the striking-off application to have been withdrawn

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So do you have no interest or concern about why your club haven't filed the accounts yet?

I think she's made it quite clear that she doesn't give a ****. Probably expecting to get away with admin three as easily as one and two should it come to it.. You are asking questions of a Palace fan who feels no shame, so you are wasting your time expecting a reasoned response.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
That good sir is magnificent.

Well played.

Is its magnificence bourne out of the point made that Palace will outlive Brighton? :)

On a serious point, it seems that Parish has taken note of TB’s success in clamping down on leaks and, as a consequence, Palace fans are as in the dark as everyone else. I know one of the owners but genuinely do not know why the submission of the clubs accounts is so overdue.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
CPFC2010 has an 8 year history, so one must rather doubt that.

mayfly_diagram.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here