Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League club has striking off order from Registrar of Companies. Who could it be?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not difficult to summarise your income and outflow.

The HMRC won't accept images

car_crash.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
" But Palace's financial travails continued: their top player was earning £11,000 a week while attendances were dipping. "The cash flow was shot to pieces, gate receipts were £1 million down,'' said Jordan. "Most directors at other clubs would have run for the hills but I stood tall and paid in £6 million.''

Agilo, though, was becoming concerned about pressure for payments from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs and the collapse of a proposed injection of £7.5 million from the controversial Hero Fund (which lends against young playing squads). The race was on to see which would get its money out of Palace first: Agilo or the tax-man.

So lets cut to the chase here Paddy. In summary, Palace BORROWED their way to financial oblivion. When you fail to pay HMRC, its the clearest evidence that the chickens are well and truly coming home to roost (see Aston Villa this week). You blame Agilo for putting Palace into adminstration, when Jordan's solution to that particular cash crisis was - thats right - to BORROW his way out of it. I don't blame Agilo one bit for aggressively pursuing the money they were owed, because (once again) Palace were living WAY beyond their means, massively overspending on players, still relying on credit to pay bills, and all on dwindling gates. It was a clear recipe for disaster, and the orange goon in charge was in a chefs hat and an apron, busily chopping the onions.

Blaming Agilo for your club going back into administration is like blaming the brick wall you just willfully drove your car into, for all the scratches and dents in your fender.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does HMRC open at the weekend or does the word imminently roll into a second week?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It will be 72 days on Monday, that’s 10 weeks and 2 days, or 1728 hours, or 103,680 minutes or 6,220,800 seconds.

And, still,it’s not enough time for Palace to submit their accounts.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Another week of this .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I'll comment next Friday when the £15/20 m profits have been announced.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
just after the £50m further investment.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You took down your original post, are even you starting to be embarrassed by your shabby little club, [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] ?

I got carried away with some information passed to me .

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Perhaps, if palace is the 'real' palace as you like to say, and not a shoddy new company, your sorry, thieving club would like to use some of that profit to pay back some of the people it robbed?

There again if it was only established 8 years ago....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here