Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League club has striking off order from Registrar of Companies. Who could it be?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Enjoyed the presentation.

Interesting that Parrish is paid the same as a first team player.
As well as income from the club for two other "businesses".

Dodgy as ****.

Last edited:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
A new stand at Palace won’t necessarily solve the problem. They will have to ensure that many of the extra seats go to hospitality customers.

If 10,000 extra seats are sold to regular fans at (say) £500 a pop (and remember West Ham have theirs starting at £299) then this works out at £4.2 million a year in extra income after deducting VAT.

The estimated costs of the expansion are £75-£100 million. Even at the lower threshold, borrowing this at 5% pa works out at £3.75m a year in interest costs. If it’s £100m then £5m a year.

Parish might look enviously at the obscene prices being charged by Daniel Levy to watch Spurs in their new stadium, but Palace, like the Albion, operate in a different market to the elite clubs.

Has it been reported we are borrowing the money ? As far as I’m aware when the Americans bought into the club £100 m was ring fenced to be used for the redevelopment of the stadium.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Has it been reported we are borrowing the money ? As far as I’m aware when the Americans bought into the club £100 m was ring fenced to be used for the redevelopment of the stadium.

They are going to want a return on their investment. You lot are skint but don’t worry.. you can just go bust again..

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

I think you have spent it already. Didn't your Mid co accounts show that £107m went in (the Americans buying into the club) and £88m went on intangible assets in the first 6 months?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
have invested £149.99 at B&Q in their infrastructure

I do hope they had the forethought to buy £50 of the cladding one day and scan their B&Q card, wait for the bounce voucher email to come the next day and actually got £119.99 of cladding for the remaining £99.99. Every square foot counts!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think you have spent it already. Didn't your Mid co accounts show that £107m went in (the Americans buying into the club) and £88m went on intangible assets in the first 6 months?

No the moneys there , just moved to another company .

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
No the moneys there , just moved to another company .

What company? I really don't know how to read accounts and all the financial stuff, but I'm pretty sure Price of football said that your accounts look as if the Americans paid £107m for you and you spent £88m on Playing side of things. I might be wrong though.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I do hope they had the forethought to buy £50 of the cladding one day and scan their B&Q card, wait for the bounce voucher email to come the next day and actually got £119.99 of cladding for the remaining £99.99. Every square foot counts!

They send Roy on a Wednesday with his Diamond discount card.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What company? I really don't know how to read accounts and all the financial stuff, but I'm pretty sure Price of football said that your accounts look as if the Americans paid £107m for you and you spent £88m on Playing side of things. I might be wrong though.
It's in the sister company of Smoke and Mirrors Ltd. "Lies and Bullshit Ltd".

Disney can tell them that black is white and some of these morons lap it up despite the facts saying the opposite

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Disney can tell them that black is white and some of these morons lap it up despite the facts saying the opposite

thumb_55589_default_medium_zps830e1a19.jpg

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The thing is, selling off the crown jewels doesn't guarantee that the proceeds would be spent wisely - look what happened to Spurs after they binned off Bale and trousered £85m. That summer they brought in Soldado, Paulinho, Capoue, Chiriches, Chadli, Eriksen and Lamela. Only Eriksen out of that lot turned out to be decent, although Lamela has improved. Most of those proceeds were pissed away on bang-average to poor players though.

Even in the current market, CPFC2010 wouldn't get anywhere NEAR £85m for the gravity whore, not even half that. So they're probably best keeping hold of their one-man team, because without him, they have little chance of surviving in the PL. Thats obvious to everyone, and their results bear that fact out.

:lolol:

"Gravity whore", quality!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
:thumbsup:

Well, "swivel-eyed gravity whore", if you want to use his full unofficial title.

Trying to remember the quote applied to our erstwhile goal machine Mark McCammon previously?

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Seem to recall we did something similar as when the stadium was finally approved the club were allowed to be reimbursed for the c£6m spent to date on the planning application etc via the Stadium Development company.

I realise this is in reverse to the palace scenario and I’m not sure why the need to create a new co for just one stand but it could be legitimate I suppose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Shopping trolley?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think we played Donny at their last game at their old ground and he scored in a very dull draw? But he also scored the first goal at the Keepmoat for someone else?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here