Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League club has striking off order from Registrar of Companies. Who could it be?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see the SW Londoner website has got hold of the story and run the quote:

"A source close to the club advised that the accounts were with the Premier League for their sign-off and are due to be published imminently."

So no comment on why they're more than 2 months overdue in the first place.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can you just imagine the fallout if BHA were an unexplained 2 months+ late in submitting our accounts ?

We'd be absolutely drowning in CPFC2010 goons and BBS refugees on here, all gloating and sneering, predicting the apocalypse.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
What happens if the company is struck off ? (apart from much hilarity)

The businesses that CPFC2010 LTD owe money to have to whistle. They can't collect the debts.

Anybody owed money by this tinpot shambles have to lodge an objection to the striking off application. If nobody does, then the company is struck from the Register and ceases to exist.

It used to be the case that where tax was owed, HMRC would object to the striking off but from personal experience they no longer bother to check and I have known companies to be struck off owing monies to the Crown. But that's HMRC these days!

ETA There are provisions which allows HMRC to go after the directors for liabilities owed by the company that has been struck off but that very rarely happens. Hopefully they will make an exception for Disney and squeeze him until the pips squeak

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
You just posted about the application and then sat back, when you are in fact the most qualified to explain what it actually means. You knew that what would follow would be loads of speculation whereas you could have just explained thats it not really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

Repeat after me:

ALWAYS VICTIMS
WE'RE NEVER TO BLAME

Once you have learnt the words you can teach all your fellow "ultras" how to sing it for next season :lolol:

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
The businesses that CPFC2010 LTD owe money to have to whistle. They can't collect the debts.

Anybody owed money by this tinpot shambles have to lodge an objection to the striking off application. If nobody does, then the company is struck from the Register and ceases to exist.

It used to be the case that where tax was owed, HMRC would object to the striking off but from personal experience they no longer bother to check and I have known companies to be struck off owing monies to the Crown. But that's HMRC these days!

ETA There are provisions which allows HMRC to go after the directors for liabilities owed by the company that has been struck off but that very rarely happens. Hopefully they will make an exception for Disney and squeeze him until the pips squeak

Dont forget all assets of the club revert to the crown as well, so no players and more importantly any shares the club owns would revert to the Crown as well. Dont forget that every club in the PL is an equal shareholder and without a share you cannot play in the PL. But the nigels dont seem to care about the consequences, maybe they are hoping to see Wilf working behind the desk at the local job centre when they go to sign on

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I see the SW Londoner website has got hold of the story and run the quote:

"A source close to the club advised that the accounts were with the Premier League for their sign-off and are due to be published imminently."

So no comment on why they're more than 2 months overdue in the first place.

Since when have the Premier League had to sign off a limited company's accounts before they are sent to Companies House ? Or are they accountants now ?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Dont forget all assets of the club revert to the crown as well, so no players and more importantly any shares the club owns would revert to the Crown as well. Dont forget that every club in the PL is an equal shareholder and without a share you cannot play in the PL. But the nigels dont seem to care about the consequences, maybe they are hoping to see Wilf working behind the desk at the local job centre when they go to sign on

That would be awful; I couldn't bring myself to boo the queen when we play them.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
First rules of business:

Always file on time
Always pay the right amount of tax and pay that on time

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If, and I realise it’s a huge If, but if Palace were to go into administration, what would be the punishment from the Premier League, bearing in mind no PL club have ever been into admin, whilst in the league, and the fact they would be 3 time losers?

I personally think Luton’s punishment of 30 points deducted would be about right, or Swindon’s relegation for financial chicanery

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If, and I realise it’s a huge If, but if Palace were to go into administration, what would be the punishment from the Premier League, bearing in mind no PL club have ever been into admin, whilst in the league, and the fact they would be 3 time losers?

I personally think Luton’s punishment of 30 points deducted would be about right, or Swindon’s relegation for financial chicanery

Mandatory relegation back to the Championship, and they start the season there on -30 would be perfectly fair. The Premier League plays with 19 clubs this season, and only 2 go down so its back to up 20 next year. Everyones a winner.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Personally I think they should get a medal.

Gotta have some respect for anybody who's financial acumin is on a level with my own.

Blowing through an annual income of £100,000,000+ with absolutely nothing to show for it is the work of a Turner Prize winner not a football club.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Well its lucky we had fans that took notice back in the 90's or we wouldn't be here just 4 small points below you

I think it’s more the fact that it’s Blooms billions that have got you within 4 points of us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think it’s more the fact that it’s Blooms billions that have got you within 4 points of us.

How do you explain this situation?
Do you think it's serious?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

He didn't have his billions in 1997. There'd have been no BHA for him to put his money into.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here