Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League club has striking off order from Registrar of Companies. Who could it be?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You keep throwing this state of the art world class training facility at us? Remind me again how many world class players you have produced. Could you also let me know how many players who have come through your academy are at the world cup. Thanks.

It’s only been open open 4 years, give it time.
Can we just clarify which World Class players Palace have produced, as I suspect we might not all see eye to eye on your definition of this type of player.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You keep throwing this state of the art world class training facility at us? Remind me again how many world class players you have produced. Could you also let me know how many players who have come through your academy are at the world cup. Thanks.

palace fan unable to comprehend long term planning for years to come ***shocker***.

Why do you all chase instant gratification?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

Its only been 4 years, give us a chance.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think, in the longer-term, a far more relevant question is what a football club uses its income and/or funding for.

Palace have now had five consecutive years in the Premier League, meaning they have had hundreds of millions of pounds of income in that period.

Albion, given last season was their first in the Premier League, have only had a fraction of that income, of course.

One of the teams has a state of the art, awarding-winning stadium; a state of the art, award-winning training facility (one of the finest in the world); and a Category One academy. The other team doesn't.

Do your eyes flow with tears of pride when you realise that Palace have sweet FA to show for the vast sums of money that have flowed through the club in recent years? Are you genuinely happy with the short-termism that seems to be redolent at the top echelons of your club?
That's not fair they sign superstars like Benteke :lolol:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Respect for what exactly?
I am concerned about many things, such as my family and providing for them, my kids education , family health etc. You know trivial little things like that.
I dont think there is anything untoward, if there is there is precisely nothing I can do.

Respect for the club you support ......

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
In a nutshell what are the state of the accounts?
They made a profit? Included in the profit was adding to debt? Is that correct?
As an aside I know Jezeagle lovely chap but hates the Albion so what his interpretation of our accounts is I would take with a pinch of salt. He's not going to try and say many nice things about us as I don't say many nice things about them.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
EPIC straw clutching there. You don't sound like a jealous five year old at all. No, not one bit. [emoji23]

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As an aside I know Jezeagle lovely chap but hates the Albion so what his interpretation of our accounts is I would take with a pinch of salt. He's not going to try and say many nice things about us as I don't say many nice things about them.

Nutshell:

Made a profit on the back of player sales
No external debt
Had to spend a lot on recruitment to stay up in 2016/17 but it worked.
Parish took about £3m from the club in salary and rent but trying to justify it.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs

In a nutshell :
They made a 'profit' due to the sale of Bolasie, the claim on Pulis and a failed third-party investment.
They spent more on player costs as a proportion of income than any other club
When you allow for players bought they made a loss which is why their debt goes up
They owe £100m but obviously have player values to offset that
Ignoring player transfers all PL clubs were in profit, of which CPFC2010 was second smallest.

No FFP or STCC issues.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Nutshell:

Made a profit on the back of player sales
No external debt
Had to spend a lot on recruitment to stay up in 2016/17 but it worked.
Parish took about £3m from the club in salary and rent but trying to justify it.

So you could argue the gamble in the January window was good business. Speculate to accumulate.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's a paper profit and only because of selling players and £4m from Pulis being a prick.

Wages and player amortisation more than turnover. Let this little fact sink in:

"If wage and amortisation costs are combined, then Palace are the only club in the Premier League to have spent more money on total player costs than they generated in income."

Parish paid over £2m.

Just about scraping by on FFP (because of selling players).

The type of expenditure that should make Palace a "pushing for Europe" team but.... well.

El Pres has been extremely diplomatic. It's a tottering shipwreck and completely unsustainable without selling players. And they only have one that anyone might consider valuable.

Can't wait to see this year's figures but I presume we'll have to wait a while......

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Brighton had the 4th highest transfer net spend last season according to Transfermarkt. Only Everton, Man U and Man City were higher.???

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Brighton had the 4th highest transfer net spend last season according to Transfermarkt. Only Everton, Man U and Man City were higher.???
Team in "getting to PL, not selling best players and buying some better players" shocker.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
EPIC straw clutching there. You don't sound like a jealous five year old at all. No, not one bit. [emoji23]

What am I jealous of silly arse. Funnily enough I don't go and watch the stadium when I'm there and only drive past the training ground
I do however care about the results on the pitch and the players we produce. So far we are better than you on both counts. Before you talk about the future, it's not here yet. Reminds me of that song, if tomorrow never comes.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
It’s only been open open 4 years, give it time.
Can we just clarify which World Class players Palace have produced, as I suspect we might not all see eye to eye on your definition of this type of player.

It's not me talking about world class training facilities. Our academy is represented at the world cup though at least.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What am I jealous of silly arse. Funnily enough I don't go and watch the stadium when I'm there and only drive past the training ground
I do however care about the results on the pitch and the players we produce. So far we are better than you on both counts. Before you talk about the future, it's not here yet. Reminds me of that song, if tomorrow never comes.
Keep digging, it's hilarious. So Palace to not care a jot about the horrific state of your club. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It's not me talking about world class training facilities. Our academy is represented at the world cup though at least.

Your Academy products were represented in your bank balance many years ago, but you have long since wasted all that, like everything else.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Quoting Tranfermarkt too. What do HITC and Brietbart say? Why were you looking that up btw? So desperate. So very sad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here