Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League club has striking off order from Registrar of Companies. Who could it be?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Can I just ask all of the holier than thou Brighton fans what would have happened if the businesses had turned down Brighton's kind offer of reduced payments?
[MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] I just wondered if you happen to know why Tony Bloom never pumped his money into Brighton when you really needed it and were on your arse's. I don't understand why the fans and fans of other clubs had to throw money in buckets when your saviour was waiting in the wings. What is it you call Parish and Co? Oh that's it, vultures. Out of interest has Bloom recompensed all the businesses that accepted reduced payments when Brighton were on their arse?

Mainly because Tony Bloom was in his mid Twenties when we got shafted by ********. Hard to make the amount of money he has overnight considering he would have only left uni four years previously. He did however support the club whilst we were at the withdean. As has been mentioned previously, those business that took reduced payments were basically owned by fans of the club.

I’m not sure what annoys me more - the Palace trolls not doing their homework, the complete lack of interest in their club’s own financial issues or the complete disregard of going into administration twice. Embarrassing!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Keeping team of superstars like theirs together can’t be cheap, the TV cash only goes so far. They’ve plenty of assets though if they do need to sell to balance the books, it’s not like they’re a one man team or anything.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They’ve plenty of assets though if they do need to sell to balance the books, it’s not like they’re a one man team or anything.

Good points. They could always cash in on big money, star striker Benteke. His value will sky-rocket if he has a good World Cup.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You'll notice that they still have this smug, sneering satisfaction at staying in the top 2 divisions above BHA, whilst we crashed through the Leagues. The fact that they achieved it off the back of simply binning off multi, multi-millions pounds worth of debt that was owed to their creditors (twice), whilst we sold all our best players and eventually our ground in order to satisfy ours, is apparently neither here nor there to these insufferable goons. They still wear it as a badge of honour.

Then there was Poogate, where CPFC2010 snidely stood aside, laughing up their sleeves, and let BHA conduct a full internal enquiry into it whilst publically apologising to them, fully in the knowledge it was one of their own who did the deed.

A truly rancid little club, from top to bottom infested with scum.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I’ve worked out the Palace trolls mindset

“Hmmmm, my club is being criticised on NSC, I have no defence for the present shambles/ financial chicanery, I know, I’ll bring up made up whataboutery when they were at their lowest ebb, and their Chairman was keeping his student grant in his pocket, instead of paying imaginary debts to local businesses “

Is that how it works, [MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION], [MENTION=25756]Se20[/MENTION], etc etc.

Trump does it better, but ignorance and misdirection are the common mindset.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You'll notice that they still have this smug, sneering satisfaction at staying in the top 2 divisions above BHA, whilst we crashed through the Leagues. The fact that they achieved it off the back of simply binning off multi, multi-millions pounds worth of debt that was owed to their creditors (twice), whilst we sold all our best players and eventually our ground in order to satisfy ours, is apparently neither here nor there to these insufferable goons. They still wear it as a badge of honour.

Then there was Poogate, where CPFC2010 snidely stood aside, laughing up their sleeves, and let BHA conduct a full internal enquiry into it whilst publically apologising to them, fully in the knowledge it was one of their own who did the deed.

Well summed up. Horrible club in a horrible part of the world

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton

Don't forget a chunk of their fans acting like absolute ***** at the recent league game at the Amex, yet their board were happy to use the failings of Sussex police as a total deflection and failing to take any action on any of their own supporters who DID jump turnstiles and DID bring fireworks into the ground.

Parish and Bright a match made in heaven

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Another day ticks by...

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Expertly summed,I don’t give a monkeys about the rivalry anymore,I just wish this grubby little cock sore of a club would go under and cease to exist,awful club awful people running it and above all,absolute scum of supporters.
A pox on the lot of them,utter filth.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Don't forget a chunk of their fans acting like absolute ***** at the recent league game at the Amex, yet their board were happy to use the failings of Sussex police as a total deflection and failing to take any action on any of their own supporters who DID jump turnstiles and DID bring fireworks into the ground.

Parish and Bright a match made in heaven

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

And the fan that run out of a cafe past the Police at Norwood junction just to punch a Brighton fan walking up the road in back of the head before running back to the Cafe.

Bunch of scum bags.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Just to be completely and categorically clear to the hard of learning, we have never gone into administration. Administration where a firm comes in, negotiates debts to creditors, usually something paltry like 2p in the £, and then leaves the club in the hands of new owners. To do that, a club has to have some assets.

We had no assets, and to get over our difficulties, we had to pay debts or be dissolved. There is no comparison whatsoever.

Crystal Palace are cheats. No arguments, no excuses.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
In a word, they are scum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Sums it up.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Just to be completely and categorically clear to the hard of learning, we have never gone into administration. Administration where a firm comes in, negotiates debts to creditors, usually something paltry like 2p in the £, and then leaves the club in the hands of new owners. To do that, a club has to have some assets.

We had no assets, and to get over our difficulties, we had to pay debts or be dissolved. There is no comparison whatsoever.

Your clarification only serves to confuse as Brighton did own their ground at the time which was their biggest asset.

Palace didn’t own their ground when they entered administration so their only assets were the club’s golden share and the players and other staff.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Your clarification only serves to confuse as Brighton did own their ground at the time which was their biggest asset.

Palace didn’t own their ground when they entered administration so their only assets were the club’s golden share and the players and other staff.

Archer & Bellotti sold the ground to Chartwell, before we left. We had to negotiate to stay there for another year as we had nowhere to go (lies, broken promises, drawings on the back of fag packets). It sold for £7M. Chartwell sold it for £27M.

When Dick Knight finally got control of the club in the summer of 1997, he had to assure the League we had a ground. Other clubs had a vote on whether we should remain in the League.

The fight for a new ground took so long that we had to pay Capital Gains Tax, on that paltry £7M as it hadn't been invested into a new stadium. This is what our enemies were banking on. The fans raised money for Alive & Kicking, Norman Cook paid £1M voluntarily for a guaranteed parking space at Withdean, and Gordon Strachan paid £1.5M for a reserve defender for Celtic, as he knew of our struggles from his mate Mark McGhee.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

The ground was sold by the then chairman for his own benefit. Dick Knight then took over and we moved to Gillingham followed by the Withdean. Neither of these were owned by the club.
We were the second worse club in the football league for two seasons. So player and asset wise we were a basket case.

When you went into administration for a second time Zaha was worth more the BHAFC ......

Let’s face it Palace in terms of management is a basket case of a club. Is it a requirement for any chairman to be complete and utter f*ckwits!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The point, that you are willfully ignoring, is that there was never, at any stage, a necessity for Palace to enter administration. At no stage were your debts close to the value of your (playing) assets. You could have sold two or three (five or six if necessary) of your star players, paid all of your debts in full, and continued as a proud club, albeit with a temporary setback of a weakened playing squad.

Selling those stars would have had the added benefit of vastly reducing the club's running costs (salary obligations), so on this new even keel, you would go about consolidating / rebuilding, at the foot of the Championship, or heaven forbid, League one.

Instead (and of course this path is not exclusive to Palace) you took the snide way out - stole honest earnings owed to other businesses and individuals, kept the star players on tens of thousands a week, and laughed in the face of fair play. Your club has no shame. You know that, too.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You'd have thought that coming on here, getting everything wrong and being thoroughly rinsed about it would get boring. But no, still they do it.

Maybe our visiting goons would be better off on the 14 page thread about this subject (the accounts not being filed, as that's what THIS thread is supposed to be about) on their own forum.

https://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=171588&page=14

Along with a lot of "oh I'm sure it's nothing to worry about" type guff, ill informed posts about accounts and some of them accusing each other of libel, there are some gems:

Your scenario shouldn't be a cause for delaying the publishing of the accounts.

My own guess is that the club have tried to get away with some creative accounting but the auditors have objected and refused to sign off the accounts.

If it were something straight forward like a restructuring Steve Parish would have come out and said so

How bent are CPFC 2010? Not, or some or very?

No matter how they paper over the cracks, all the other PL clubs have submitted well before time, the perception of Crystal Palace FC will be different, a club you would be sure of but now not so much.

Surely this will be resolved this week? If it drags on for much longer I will really start to think that something is seriously wrong. The most puzzling part of the whole affair is not so much the lateness, but that we failed to respond to correspondence from Companies House. Maybe we shouldn't have put our financial affairs in the hands of a small firm above a Wetherspoons in Altrincham?

What is clear is that until those accounts are lodged and scrutinised we will not be doing any transfer business. If we have fallen foul of FFP and receive a punishment we may not be doing any business at all.It may explain our pathetic January window as well. Looks like we've ballsed up again

And the classic.....

I hope the club are working on this properly. Looks incredibly amateurish at present - somehow we always seem to manage to do something to appear shoddy.

:ffsparr:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here