Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Union Saint-Gilloise

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
But I don't see how he can ever play for us

I believe the plan is to wait for South Africa to break into the top 50 FIFA rankings whereby he should qualify for a work permit.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It's CONNOLLY, C-O-N-N-O-L-L-Y.

How can so many people get his name wrong in so many ways, so often? :shrug: :nono:

My deepest apologies for choosing the wrong (but perfectly good) variant. Next time I'll be sure to check before making such a calamitous mistake ... perhaps

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Union could do with a season of Walton.

NO!

He's doing fine where he is! If CH isn't going to allow Connolly, Gyokeres, Sanders or Cox anywhere near the first team bench, then it might be a good half season loan for one of them. Footballing wise, could aim higher, but living abroad, new language, new culture, etc., might help their personal maturity, not a bad thing for a young footballer these days.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I believe the plan is to wait for South Africa to break into the top 50 FIFA rankings whereby he should qualify for a work permit.

That sounds highly unlikely though. They're at 74 I think now.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
That sounds highly unlikely though. They're at 74 I think now.

They'll need to beat Nigeria or a tricky away game in Libya to qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations, If they do and have a good tournament SA could break into the top 50 after that tournament, meaning Percy would qualify for a work permit and be allowed to join us next season. Slight flaw in that plan is that SA recently failed to beat Seychelles away and Libya at home, and beating Nigeria is a big ask so they may not even qualify.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They'll need to beat Nigeria or a tricky away game in Libya to qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations, If they do and have a good tournament SA could break into the top 50 after that tournament, meaning Percy would qualify for a work permit and be allowed to join us next season. Slight flaw in that plan is that SA recently failed to beat Seychelles away and Libya at home, and beating Nigeria is a big ask so they may not even qualify.

Maybe that's why we signed a Nigerian defender :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here