Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Relegation Odds

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Amazes me that we're still the third most likely club to be relegated based on the current bookies odds. After last season, three equal or weaker clubs coming up and clubs that just about stayed up last season I'm surprised they feel this is the likely outcome. Still, will make survival odds better.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Didn't you know Wolves are now the biggest club in Europe according to their fans?

Expect Cardiff and Huddersfield to finish below us for sure.Possibly Fulham.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Didn't you know Wolves are now the biggest club in Europe according to their fans?

Aye. My mate is a Wolves fan and he was telling me how they're looking to expand Molineux to 45,000 or something once they're established.

I had to point out that Wolves come out with this bollocks EVERY SINGLE TIME they get to the top league. :rolleyes:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Both Fulham and Wolves have £zillions available, doesn’t guarantee success but it will help them + Wolves have the dodgy agent situation too

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Amazes me that we're still the third most likely club to be relegated based on the current bookies odds. After last season, three equal or weaker clubs coming up and clubs that just about stayed up last season I'm surprised they feel this is the likely outcome. Still, will make survival odds better.

Lump on then !

SAC

May 21, 2014
I'm sure that there are people posting on Cardiff, Huddersfield, Watford, Fulham and Burnley messageboards also complaining about that they are listed amongst the 6 favourites to be relegated.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Can't get any staying up odds as yet, but I'll be keeping a close eye.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm sure that there are people posting on Cardiff, Huddersfield, Watford, Fulham and Burnley messageboards also complaining about that they are listed amongst the 6 favourites to be relegated.

No this is the only three Wolves, Cardiff & Brighton, just seems odd that we'd be there given the season we've had and the other clubs that's all?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm INCREDIBLY convinced Hudds will be gone a month or two before the end. Probably Cardiff, then 3rd spot up for grabs.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Can't get any staying up odds as yet, but I'll be keeping a close eye.

Skybet Captured.JPG

https://m.skybet.com/football/premier-league/event/22089691

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Think Burnley will struggle next season, sure they had a great season but don`t score many goals and if they get through to the Europa League groups it will catch up with them, unless they spend well and re-enforce their squad.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
..... and Watford

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Let's face it, we ARE going to be one of the favourites to be relegated! Think about it:

- Cardiff coming up you would say have more chance of being below us in the table. Warnock has done a miracle though but can't see him pulling off another one.
- Wolves will spend huge amounts of wad to stay up, building on an already very impressive team.
- Fulham who are easy on the eye and have good quality plus they are going to get better this season. Will it be enough? I think so.

Then there's the other teams who finished around us.

- Saints, they will make sure they won't be in that position again, watch them spend shit loads
- West Ham, Pellegrini will keep them up and probably get them in Top 10
- Hudders, potentially along with Cardiff the other team who could finish below us again.
- Watford, these are my dark horses to go down. A bad second half of the season even with a new Manager. Be interesting to see if they switch Managers again mid season, and whether Richarlison stays there this summer.
- Bournemouth, Palace, Newcastle, Leicester will stay up.

So I think the 3rd relegation spot will be between us and Watford.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014

Beat me to it:) Just take a look at "Molineux Mix"...a lot of Wolves fans will be disappointed if they don't finish 4th and get a Champions League spot within two years.

Apparently only PL spending rules (preventing Fosun from spending as much as they want on wages) will stop Wolves from replacing Man City as England's top team:)

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Think Burnley will struggle next season, sure they had a great season but don`t score many goals and if they get through to the Europa League groups it will catch up with them, unless they spend well and re-enforce their squad.

Still got more goals than Seagulls if you hadn't noticed:)

I think Dyche will recruit well - Jay Rodriguez returning and Joe Bryan (£6 million) are said to be "done" deals.

Dawson from West Brom may be another. Not sure on foreign front.

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Let's face it, we ARE going to be one of the favourites to be relegated! Think about it:

- Cardiff coming up you would say have more chance of being below us in the table. Warnock has done a miracle though but can't see him pulling off another one.
- Wolves will spend huge amounts of wad to stay up, building on an already very impressive team.
- Fulham who are easy on the eye and have good quality plus they are going to get better this season. Will it be enough? I think so.

Then there's the other teams who finished around us.

- Saints, they will make sure they won't be in that position again, watch them spend shit loads
- West Ham, Pellegrini will keep them up and probably get them in Top 10
- Hudders, potentially along with Cardiff the other team who could finish below us again.
- Watford, these are my dark horses to go down. A bad second half of the season even with a new Manager. Be interesting to see if they switch Managers again mid season, and whether Richarlison stays there this summer.
- Bournemouth, Palace, Newcastle, Leicester will stay up.

So I think the 3rd relegation spot will be between us and Watford.

Bloody 'ell, doom and gloom. What about:

Brighton - Have continuity and control with Ch in charge, have a great chairman and are financially sound, will build on some great signings from last year and are likely to finish somewhere between 9th - 14th?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Bloody 'ell, doom and gloom. What about:

Brighton - Have continuity and control with Ch in charge, have a great chairman and are financially sound, will build on some great signings from last year and are likely to finish somewhere between 9th - 14th?

It's not doom and gloom, it's trying to be reasonable with expectations without Blue and White tinted glasses on. Of course I hope I'm wrong and we end up top 10!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's not doom and gloom, it's trying to be reasonable with expectations without Blue and White tinted glasses on. Of course I hope I'm wrong and we end up top 10!

In reality Watford, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Wolves, Brighton, Fulham, West Ham, Stains, Newcastle & Burnley could all be in the mix, and are likely to be a different times, narrowing it to four at this stage is a little pessimistic rather than seagull tinted I feel? My gut feel is 9th - 14th, my blue tinted has us winning the Premier League by April.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here