Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dirtiest Premier League Footballers 2017 - 2018

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
To be fair, there’s quite a few forwards there, so it’s probably down to the “fact” that forwards just cannot tackle even though they play football for a living.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
To be fair, there’s quite a few forwards there, so it’s probably down to the “fact” that forwards just cannot tackle even though they play football for a living.

I doubt it’s much to do with tackling at all, more than likely just the fact they are physical strikers who put themselves about. That sort of player will always draw the refs attention. I reckon a fair chunk of those fouls for Murray would be given for the heinous act of backing into the defender.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wow, Barnes and Murray.....who'd have thunk it?

I did. My first thought before opening the link was betting to myself that Murray was near the top. And if I'd thought about it a bit longer, I'd have Barnes there too.

FFS was clearly the most obvious Brighton player to be on the list

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Fake news. Surely the most dirty players are those that foul so badly that a player is injured etc. A small, niggly foul of the type Murray or Barnes gives, will hardly ever raise the shackles and get the crowd bellowing.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
No surprise, really. People tend to think defenders foul the most, but forwards are niggly, and nuisances.

Also, if a forward gives away a free kick it doesn't present a shooting opportunity for the other team. Defenders on the other hand must be very conscious of not fouling near and in the penalty area.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If you defend from the front (as we do) and if you have a lone striker who has to fight a defender for every ball to keep possession f (as we do) then it’s inevitable. Would be interesting to see the most fouled list, which may have some of the same forward on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here