Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cough up the £5 mill and get him in.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ball is in our court it seems.

Match the fee, or move on.

..............or let's wait and see if the players agrees to a negative career move - he wants to play in the PL apparantly. No guarantee he'll do that with 'Boro. Certainly not this season at least.

Certainly don't waste money getting into a bidding war - if he's willing to sign for 'Boro, forget it - his ambition clearly doesn't match ours.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
The issue appears to be the payment plan rather than the bid.
Maybe Boro offer is all up front whereas ours is a fee plus add ons.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sends a message to Reading that we won't cave in on their £15 million valuation of Moore.

Last edited:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Reminds me of Suttener negotiations last year.....got there in the end but no matter what the fee we wont pay over the odds..

This is not about money, but Value we place on a player and that not being in line with another club,......so we move on (probably did two weeks ago by looks of it)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good, let’s piss Boro off again

I'd rather he went to Boro at that price. I can't remember the last time the club backed away from a OTT asking price and left us all wishing we'd gone in that bit higher*. I'm struggling with the idea that Moore and McNair are worth anything like what their clubs are asking for.

*We missed out on Virgil Van Dyke and Pritchard but neither was about our club deciding not to match an unrealistic asking price.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'd rather he went to Boro at that price. I can't remember the last time the club backed away from a OTT asking price and left us all wishing we'd gone in that bit higher*. I'm struggling with the idea that Moore and McNair are worth anything like what their clubs are asking for.

*We missed out on Virgil Van Dyke and Pritchard but neither was about our club deciding not to match an unrealistic asking price.

Van Dijk was because we wouldn't match their offer. He wanted to come to us but we weren't able to match their asking price.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Van Dijk was because we wouldn't match their offer. He wanted to come to us but we weren't able to match their asking price.
Was it? I thought we'd agreed £2.5m and then Celtic came along and we missed out. I'm prepared to stand corrected though.

Regardless, it doesn't happen often does it?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Was it? I thought we'd agreed £2.5m and then Celtic came along and we missed out. I'm prepared to stand corrected though.

My understanding, based on nothing more than hearsay or rumour on NSC (and thus I might be very mistaken), was that we agreed a fee for van Dijk, agreed personal terms, then the selling club increased the fee they wanted, and Bloom walked away, much to Poyet's chagrin.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London

Nope - doesn't happen often. Celtic came along in the summer but we were after him in January.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
My understanding, based on nothing more than hearsay or rumour on NSC (and thus I might be very mistaken), was that we agreed a fee for van Dijk, agreed personal terms, then the selling club increased the fee they wanted, and Bloom walked away, much to Poyet's chagrin.

I’m not sure if that is true or it’s simply we wouldn’t meet Groningen‘s valuation. This all happened in the January window before Celtic had shown an interest. His move to Celtic came in the Summer after Poyet had left, the transfer fee was only a few hundred thousand more than we’d orignally offered.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With McNair's injury history, there was always a point where if the fee got too high, the club might as well get on the phone to Steve Sidwell.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
5 million is peanuts for a young talented player. Wouldn't even be a gamble for us while in the Premier league.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here