Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by S'hampton Seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bless 'em.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Not far off with a £7m offer accepted. Not sure who you are blessing but maybe it worked driving the price up?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members Garry Nelson's Left Foot's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wakeytom View Post
      Not far off with a £7m offer accepted. Not sure who you are blessing but maybe it worked driving the price up?
      Is McNair actually any good?

And without wishing to sound too harsh (but with no delicate way of putting it) are any of your players worth having? From the outside looking in your club for the last few years has seemed rotten to the core with the players being a huge part of that. I'd be reluctant to sign any player that has been part of such a poisonous seeming dressing room, particularly one that has had back to back relegations. Is that fair? Have any players come out of the last few years with reputations enhanced or just plain old intact?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's Left Foot View Post

And without wishing to sound too harsh (but with no delicate way of putting it) are any of your players worth having? From the outside looking in your club for the last few years has seemed rotten to the core with the players being a huge part of that. I'd be reluctant to sign any player that has been part of such a poisonous seeming dressing room, particularly one that has had back to back relegations. Is that fair? Have any players come out of the last few years with reputations enhanced or just plain old intact?
      To be honest its almost impossible to say, there were so many things going wrong I wouldn't be surprised to find a few gems. Some of the players were highly rated before they joined - no matter how bad we were they could not have lost what they had
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      The post I was quoting was referencing Sunderland fans valuations of up to £15m which are clearly pie in the sky. Is there any hard evidence we've had a bid accepted? The Sun story saying we were about to sign him has been rejected by your chairman. Even if it is true, that story quoted £5m up front with £2m in add ons.

Bless you.
      In 1942 I invented the shoe
      In 1943 I invented the Tree
      In 1944 I invented the floor
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's Left Foot View Post

Don't tar them all with the same bruch, the club may be in a total mess, but that doesn't mean that all the players are too.
      Members Garry Nelson's Left Foot's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      Don't tar them all with the same bruch, the club may be in a total mess, but that doesn't mean that all the players are too.
      Yes, that's what I was asking.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      See my message above, there will be some gems I am sure, and given the current market some absolute steals to be had

0 Not allowed!
      See my message above, there will be some gems I am sure, and given the current market some absolute steals to be had
      he will be on good money already, sunderland signed him in the prem

he wants to get back to the Premier League badly.
      I have to give it to you Mr Hughton, you are a far better Manager than I ever thought.
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      To be honest its almost impossible to say, there were so many things going wrong I wouldn't be surprised to find a few gems. Some of the players were highly rated before they joined - no matter how bad we were they could not have lost what they had
      Not trying to be arsey here but have you actually seen him play? I think you are a South Coast Sunderland fan so possibly not?
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      Not trying to be arsey here but have you actually seen him play? I think you are a South Coast Sunderland fan so possibly not?
      I think he’s making a good point. Our recruitment team couldn’t have seen him play that much as he hasn’t actually played that much. Add in the fact that Sunderland have been a basket case and you probably can’t fairly assess individual players performances there recently, it has to be a bit of a punt, if an educated one.