Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

289 loyalty points

0 Not allowed!
    If you’re borderline top tier or only in there by the skin of your teeth, the key to a successful season (having found out to my benefit last year) is to be sure to snap up tickets for the opening 3-4 away fixtures.

This pushed me into the top tier last season and with the subsequent games I attended left me with 370 points.

Had I not made the slightly more unfashionable trips early on (Watford, Leicester, Bournemouth) I’d have almost certainly missed out on a number of games last year.

It is for this reason I think we’ll see an early season clamber for tickets akin to our first in the Premier League, as people jostle to position themselves in the top tier. Once this settles down and everyone knows their place (no pun intended) it will calm down.

The problem with the season just gone (and I was guilty of it) was people were attending games they ordinarily wouldn’t have done simply to maintain the points gap between them and the people behind them. This with one eye on future fixtures of course.

I don’t think we’ll see so much of that next season as the realisation has probably now dawned that the Emirates, Old Trafford and Wembley isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dickinson Looking for Crofts.....Its in the bag for Brighton!!!!!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      When you wore a scarf let alone a replica shirt at your peril, away match experience now is far too sanitised and real fans can't get near them now
      Silk scarfs tied in a knot around the wrist! Stuffing them in your denim jacket after a game and if you were up north or in London trying to sound like you were from there!
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BeHereNow View Post
      Has our away support been this good/passionate over the last few seasons?

I'm starting to wonder if the price of football these days is stopping a lot of hardcore supporters going.

How many on here went to this game?
      Me
      Great day out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      brother of Patch

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by On the way View Post
      Exactly, my point is these long standing supporters could potentially be usurped by those that can afford to do it week in week out, I think the club has fantastic support home and away support, no fishing
      I've been an away supporter most of my life. For years I'd do 10 to 12 away matches a year and 0 to 1 home match. I live up north.
      For years, but not now.
      I don't count as a loyal supporter.

0 Not allowed!
      The 'smaller' Northern aways will probably still sell well as exiles with lower LP totals will be able to take advantage of a chance to see the team more locally, should the away regulars not fill the allocations.
      REMF Quiz Champion 2016
      brother of Patch

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Frutos View Post
      The 'smaller' Northern aways will probably still sell well as exiles with lower LP totals will be able to take advantage of a chance to see the team more locally, should the away regulars not fill the allocations.
      Yes, that's right. I remember Mansfield away, midweek Doncaster, Rochdale etc. Not complaining - those were happy days.
      Don't remember many of these away regulars you talk about though - except for us exiles.
      That's us who can now look forward to Burnley (again) but not Manchester Utd or Liverpool because we're not loyal enough.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Domsdad View Post
      That's us who can now look forward to Burnley (again) but not Manchester Utd or Liverpool because we're not loyal enough.
      You are loyal but not in the way the club has set up the loyalty scheme
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post

Epic season of 15 league away games (and only two victories!!).

Won't be repeating that this year though.
      My “best” away season totalled 13 league games and yielded one solitary draw. Mind, that was at Hereford though :-)
      "I'm glad they lost, 'cos if they'd 've won I'd 've been all happy. I hate being happy"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Beach Hut View Post
      You are loyal but not in the way the club has set up the loyalty scheme
      Exactly. One of the flaws of the scheme is that corporate 1901 tickets, ie tickets in the name of a company rather than an individual, seem to earn loyalty points so the company can buy away tickets and dish them out to anyone so you could have people who have hardly ever been ending up with tickets for the 'best' away games! I don't have a problem with having such a scheme but tickets should be allocated to individuals and only individuals should be able to accrue loyalty points. However it is unlikely to change as the club will not want to upset their corporate hospitality sector!

1 Not allowed!
      There was a very clear pattern last season where it became easier to get a ticket for away games.

I tracked sales for every away game last season and every away match after West ham away went to at least the third tier of sales, most went all the way down to fifth tier, many went down to all season ticket holders, some to all members.

So regardless of being slow off the mark at the start of the season had you been quick after that I am pretty sure you could have built your totals last season.

I thought it was a closed shop, but my daughter started the season on 185 points but ended it on 355. It was possible to build them, it really was.

I now think the scheme is spot on and anyone who hasn't got the points has only themselves to blame really.

Next season will undoubtedly be less popular for some games up North, and therefore again you should be able to build your points if you literally go whenever they are available to you.