Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 289 loyalty points

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I made the mistake (last August) of being exceptionally slow off the mark going to away games. Once I'd decided NOT to go to Leicester and Watford (or the infamous Bournemouth League Cup game), I found my loyalty points total was woefully inadequate for most of the big days out. Hence, I've ended the season on 289 points....not quite sure how it works for next season, and I have no idea whether I'm in the magic Top 3,000 (probably not). Hopefully I'll get my act together for the first few away games of 18/19 whilst everyone else is on holiday :)

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Interesting point and one we were debating the other week in the pub,

What are people’s thoughts on our Away support next season? We sold out pretty much all except Burnley this season I believe? Surely it will be easier to get tickets as those that wanted to ‘tick’ a lot of the PL grounds would have done so and may well pick and chose.

Unless it’s a big game will we sell out Newcastle/wolves/Huddersfield?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I made the mistake (last August) of being exceptionally slow off the mark going to away games. Once I'd decided NOT to go to Leicester and Watford (or the infamous Bournemouth League Cup game), I found my loyalty points total was woefully inadequate for most of the big days out. Hence, I've ended the season on 289 points....not quite sure how it works for next season, and I have no idea whether I'm in the magic Top 3,000 (probably not). Hopefully I'll get my act together for the first few away games of 18/19 whilst everyone else is on holiday :)

A lot depends on length of time you have held y our season ticket

As I read the allocation for the forthcoming season

What happens to season-ticket holders points at the end of the season?

Your loyalty points balance (earned by attending away matches and/or home cup matches or those carried forward from previous seasons) are carried forward at a rate of 50% to the following season (please note half points are rounded down).
Your bonus loyalty points for maintaining your season-ticket status are removed before points are halved, and then recredited ccording to the number of consecutive seasons you have retained your season ticket, provided you renew your season ticket in the allotted timeframe.

Number of consecutive seasons, prior to the current season, the season ticket has been held.
This is applied since the first season at the Amex.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8+
Bonus Points 50 90 120 150 170 180 190 200+

So IF your 289 points included a season ticket for 4 seasons the starting point would be 289 - 150 = 139

139 is halved = 69 (rounded down)

BUT then the points for 5 seasons would be added on + 170 = 239

More complicated than before as the season ticket points moves up depending on years held

el punal

I think many Albion fans took the opportunity to see as many away games as possible the season just gone, after all it could have been our first and last stay in the Premier League! Count me in on that as I managed to visit 13 different away grounds, but I’m not sure that I’ll be doing that many in our second season - maybe just the ones I missed out on first time around.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
A lot depends on length of time you have held y our season ticket

As I read the allocation for the forthcoming season

What happens to season-ticket holders points at the end of the season?

Your loyalty points balance (earned by attending away matches and/or home cup matches or those carried forward from previous seasons) are carried forward at a rate of 50% to the following season (please note half points are rounded down).
Your bonus loyalty points for maintaining your season-ticket status are removed before points are halved, and then recredited ccording to the number of consecutive seasons you have retained your season ticket, provided you renew your season ticket in the allotted timeframe.

Number of consecutive seasons, prior to the current season, the season ticket has been held.
This is applied since the first season at the Amex.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8+
Bonus Points 50 90 120 150 170 180 190 200+

So IF your 289 points included a season ticket for 4 seasons the starting point would be 289 - 150 = 139

139 is halved = 69 (rounded down)

BUT then the points for 5 seasons would be added on + 170 = 239

More complicated than before as the season ticket points moves up depending on years held

Jeez that is long winded.

So with my 370 loyalty points, 12 away games this season and a ST holder since the Amex opening, how many points do I kick off with next season?

More importantly am I likely to be in the top tier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012

So with my 370 loyalty points, 12 away games this season and a ST holder since the Amex opening, how many points do I kick off with next season?

Yes you will be. I've finished this season with 347 and was in top tier for every away apart from the odd few that have a smaller allocation.

As for away games next season, as much as I would love to do them all, it gets bloody expensive after a few months and my credit card took an absolute battering. There are a few that I missed that hopefully I can get to next season, but I certainly won't be doing as many as last season unless I suddenly come into a few quid!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Wouldn’t it be 370-180(ST points) = 190/2 (half are carried forward) = 95 + 200 (new ST points) = 295 ?

http://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/pdf/1718/LoyaltyPoints.pdf

And yes.......if you were in the top tier last season then you will be again....?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
End of season points total is 475
And after missing only Newcastle & Boro (cup) away and going to the points circus that was B'muff I'm throwing in the towel. London clubs yes, Birmingham at a push (are there any still there?) but I've had enough of the 8 hour coach trips, awake at 4:00 am or getting home at 4:00 am or both. My ideal start to 18/19 would be three London away in a row to boost my points so I can relax and hand pick the rest as I please. So if you were 3001st on the list to go to Old Trafford then this coming season I'm making way for you.
Until the new season come around and I change my mind.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
End of season points total is 475
And after missing only Newcastle & Boro (cup) away and going to the points circus that was B'muff I'm throwing in the towel. London clubs yes, Birmingham at a push (are there any still there?) but I've had enough of the 8 hour coach trips, awake at 4:00 am or getting home at 4:00 am or both. My ideal start to 18/19 would be three London away in a row to boost my points so I can relax and hand pick the rest as I please. So if you were 3001st on the list to go to Old Trafford then this coming season I'm making way for you.
Until the new season come around and I change my mind.

Away games are certainly becoming the hobby of the cash and time rich, and for their lucky (not so young) kids. Not sure how some families do it.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Missed one away, and PL awfulnesses such as Everton, Man Utd, Chelsea and Emirates will certainly not be repeated next term.

As for B'muff, Palace and Fulham (amongst others)....can't wait.

On the way

Oct 9, 2016
North Herts
Away games are certainly becoming the hobby of the cash and time rich, and for their lucky (not so young) kids. Not sure how some families do it.

Exactly this, and that is why when the big boys (primarily) rock up at the Amex their support is so flat. No real passion just come along because it’s fasionable and they have both the time and the money to be this trendy! unfortunately as demand from hard core supporters, inevitably, drops, they will be replaced by the faux, trendy and cooperate rich brigade, which will amount to a less vocal away support.
Keep hold of your season tickets people because once we start giving these up, we know exactly who is going to start snapping them up! and for those that have little time for the current batch of us :whistle: bandwagoning JCL’s at least there is some connection to either the club, area, or a passion for the game, but trust me, the next batch will bring money to the table but nothing else, and the Amex will be a poorer place for it, the downside to the Premier League and a prolonged stay.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is it right that the season ticket “bonus” still runs from the Amex opening? I thought it would just remain that number of years rather than increase by 1 every year.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

Did work out cost in another post. Few thousand I think it was. And Etihad mid-week getting in at 4:30 am then Anfield with a 4:30 am start a few days later really did take it out on my aging body.
For me, it's not the money, it's old age.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Exactly this, and that is why when the big boys (primarily) rock up at the Amex their support is so flat. No real passion just come along because it’s fasionable and they have both the time and the money to be this trendy! unfortunately as demand from hard core supporters, inevitably, drops, they will be replaced by the faux, trendy and cooperate rich brigade, which will amount to a less vocal away support.
Keep hold of your season tickets people because once we start giving these up, we know exactly who is going to start snapping them up! and for those that have little time for the current batch of us :whistle: bandwagoning JCL’s at least there is some connection to either the club, area, or a passion for the game, but trust me, the next batch will bring money to the table but nothing else, and the Amex will be a poorer place for it, the downside to the Premier League and a prolonged stay.

Top :fishing:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Only did Swansea, Leicester, Man Utd x 2, and Spurs last season but length of season ticket held should see me OK? Guess we don't get any Withdean points now?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Is it right that the season ticket “bonus” still runs from the Amex opening? I thought it would just remain that number of years rather than increase by 1 every year.

Runs from Amex opening and those that have held for the entire period will see their season ticket proportion of loyalty points increase by 10 to 200.

There are bigger increases from those that have held a ST for fewer years

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here