Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Who on NSC has a tattoo

Who on NSC has at least one tattoo

• Total voters

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Coming from someone you has no tattoos this might sound biased, but as I’m on holiday and people watching on a walk along the beach today, a trampstamp on a Granny is not very fetching, neither do the Grandads with wrinkley tatts look particularly cool. It’s a bit like wearing flares in the seventies because they were the fashion but never being able to take them off.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
You may tell them all that we stand or fall for Sussex By The Sea

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Each to their own but personally I think they look tacky as hell and singles you out on first impressions as a brainless dork. Not always true I totally accept but first impressions do count. On women I think they look even worse, reminds me of prostitutes in Victorian Times.

'kin hell! - just how old are you?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Here is a tattoo by the artist who is the son of my seond oldest friend, and nephew of the painter who did the painting below it. If I ever get a tat, SK will do it. But one gets you five I won't. Too....permanent.

sk.jpg

1746.jpg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I worried about not liking them as much as I'd get older.

I've got a couple that I don't like as much as I did when I got them done but I don't really see that as a negative. It's more of a reminder for me of the person I was and also of where I was in my life when I got them done.

That is a fair point, I can see the logic there.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Bit of a cliche, but I got one done during my RN days while pissed ashore in Gib in 1980. It is absolutely crap, looks awful, & has faded so much it's barely legible.
This thread has made me think that maybe I should get a decent Albion related one to cover it up.

The other one I have is not visible & was also the result of a drunken DTS in Pompey, 1984.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I have 5 and thinking of getting more. Didn’t get my first tattoo until I was 23

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Was thinking of having " Jahanbakhsh " tattoo some where discrete but the tattooist said sorry to long or not long enough I can't quite remember anyway ended up only having enough space for "Tau"

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just come back from holiday and the comedian was old school. One of the biggest laughs of the night and the only joke I remember is:

Used to go to the circus when I was a kid to see the fat, tattooed lady - now they're everywhere!

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I have a couple on my back and chest. I wouldn't get any done that couldn't be covered up - people can only see mine when I'm topless, which is very rare!

So I wouldn't get my arms done, plus it'll look stupid as I have tiny noodle arms - although I guess that'd make them cheaper to get done!

Each to their own, I know plenty of people who are covered, and plenty who have none. Up to them. :shrug:

I agree withyour last comment,I cant stand tattoos and would never have one, but if people like them then good luck to them. Somebody mentioned earlier on about old gits ( like me ) saying no. A lot of my age group were in the forces and a hell of a lot of them had tattoos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here