Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Salah/Ramos: Not sure this is going away.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Just seen a petition with 300k signing for Ramos to be pulled up about 'that' tackle. I can't help feeling that the intention was to get some kind of dig in, I think he just underestimated the full impact of the move he made to bring Salah to ground. IMO he kept Salahs' arm barred long after he needed to.

All smoke and no fire? Sour grapes? 'All part of the game, move on? Or a cynical nasty illegal move that needs to be kept out of the game.

Personally, I think we should keep martial arts out of football.

https://twitter.com/europeanjudo/status/1000741984590553088/photo/1

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was a foul, I doubt the intent was to damage his shoulder just ensuring he didn’t get away for a run on goal. I wouldn’t have a problem with some retrospective action against Ramos though, it was very cynical.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
5 champions league medals ...he's no mug....he knew exactly what he was doing....unlike Karius who seemed to turn into a cross between a seahorse and a kit kat as soon as the pressure arrived.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It was a foul, I doubt the intent was to damage his shoulder just ensuring he didn’t get away for a run on goal.

It doesn't help that Sergio Ramos always comes across as a nasty little @#$£.

In his defense, he's not a brute of a centre half out to hurt people, but his general demeanour, behaviour during a game, whether it's winding people up, rolling around on the floor, demanding cards doesn't make you warm to the player. He's no-ones favourite player outside of Madrid.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not like the scousers to play the victim card, this must be serious.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not like the scousers to play the victim card, this must be serious.

You don’t think it changed the game then? I hold my hand up to being outraged if it had happened to Albion’s star player, even if I have no idea who our star player is :smile:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You don’t think it changed the game then? I hold my hand up to being outraged if it had happened to Albion’s star player, even if I have no idea who our star player is :smile:

I think it was part of the game, a game that has now finished.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
It was a foul, I doubt the intent was to damage his shoulder just ensuring he didn’t get away for a run on goal. I wouldn’t have a problem with some retrospective action against Ramos though, it was very cynical.

Agree 100% with your first point. However retrospective action for what was a minor foul? The end result was unintended as you say.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It wasn't like he meant to break his arm. He just dragged him down.

Ramos is a *******. A clever, successful, magnificent football-playing *******.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I think it was part of the game, a game that has now finished.

Not sure arm bars/throws are part of the game SB. Or maybe we should start weekly squad training in Krav Maga or Ninjutsu just to keep up with the 'professional' aspects of the game?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Not sure arm bars/throws are part of the game SB. Or maybe we should start weekly squad training in Krav Maga or Ninjutsu just to keep up with the 'professional' aspects of the game?

That's hardly an arm bar.

Cynical by Ramos but it was unfortunate how Salah hit the ground.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
It is really boring isn't it. It was a little rough, a bit over the top, but at any level, if you are defending against the opposition's star player, you make yourself known. That is all that happened. Unfortunately, it lead to an injury. He clearly wasn't attempting to dislocate his shoulder, that is absurd. Yes he's a little shit, and has one of the most incredible disciplinary record (most red cards in RM history, 24, 5 more than the next collector) but it's not cheating, it is just part of the game.

Also, and perhaps most importantly, Salah wasn't in goal. This wasn't why Liverpool lost the UCL Final.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

That's hardly an arm bar.

Cynical by Ramos but it was unfortunate how Salah hit the ground.

After wrapping his arm around Ramos'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here