Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Salah/Ramos: Not sure this is going away.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
No, of course not. Silly idea, that never happens, nor should it - they want the same thing that the TV pundits wanted for Tomer Hemed.

But, of course, Ramos plays for Real Madrid, so we all know which way UEFA will go on that one!

Hemed clearly landed hard on the players' knee, it was the intent with which we all had an issue i.e. did he land or did he stamp. With Ramos, it was a tussle. You can't go around sending off and retrospectively banning people where a player pulls another to the ground, just because someone gets injured. It was a foul, the ref gave it, move on.

Now the elbow on Karius is a different matter...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think Ramos knew what he was doing, however., as with Stephens at Boro , a lot of scousers seem to want the player sent off for the injury, rather than the foul/tackle. It’s a shame for Liverpool Mike Dean wasn’t reffing this one.
The elbow to the goalie was a straight red though

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I thought the outcry was with him winking/laughing as Salah was going off? Whether it was a foul or not, you can't suggest that he was intentionally trying to injure him. It was the awkward way he fell that injured him, not a dirty tackle.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hemed clearly landed hard on the players' knee, it was the intent with which we all had an issue i.e. did he land or did he stamp. With Ramos, it was a tussle. You can't go around sending off and retrospectively banning people where a player pulls another to the ground, just because someone gets injured. It was a foul, the ref gave it, move on.

It was the intent which is the issue with the Ramos foul as well. And there are precedents for the seriousness of he injury caused being a factor too - ie Stephens at 'Boro. Petition perfectly well justified - although futile - because as I said earlier, it's Real Madrid, so UEFA won't do anything.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Where’s the petition for retrospective action against Mane for what looked like a deliberate hand to the face of Ramos early 2nd half?
I’m expecting the greatest sports fans in the world to launch that petition as well when they all get back from crying into their Ukrainian beer...

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Utterly pointless sour grapes. Arising purely from a bunch of Egyptians realising that any chance of getting any sort of result from the world cup has may now have potentially diminished. And of course a bunch of scallies failing to accept the blindingly obvious fact that their joke keeper cost them the game.

I think Ramos may not have gone out of his way to avoid coming down on the arm but hardly a Batiston like assault!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I thought the outcry was with him winking/laughing as Salah was going off? Whether it was a foul or not, you can't suggest that he was intentionally trying to injure him. It was the awkward way he fell that injured him, not a dirty tackle.

It was not a tackle. Just a good wrestling/judo throw. As far as I know, tackling involves feet and the ball. And yes, I am suggesting that he was trying to harm the player, it seems to be his 'job'. Sorry, but the arm lock/bar and throw to the ground were nothing to do with Ramos getting the ball at all. Watch the whole thing and you will see his focus in not on ball, it is on taking Salah down. He fell awkwardly because Ramos manipulated and controlled the way he went down. Utter ****.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It's making Liverpool fans look like bad losers.

Who woulda thunk it. Liverpool and bad losers, never heard those in the same sentence before.

It was a tussle on a football pitch between two pros which unfortunately lead to injury. You can't wrap them up in cotton wool.

Ramos is the kind of player that, if being honest with yourself, any fan would want in their side in a heartbeat. Just because he got to grips with everybody's favourite lovechild Salah who plays for their 2nd club liverpool, there's a public outrage.

If I was a liverpool fan I'd be far more concerned at the lack of togetherness and class shown throughout their side regarding the keeper. Nobody wanted to go ****ing near him, as if they didn't want to be seen consoling the bloke in case they go down with the ship presumably. It was shameful, and makes further mockery of that tedious dirge they drone out and incessantly tag YNWA. Yea, right. :laugh:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If I was a liverpool fan I'd be far more concerned at the lack of togetherness and class shown throughout their side regarding the keeper. Nobody wanted to go ****ing near him, as if they didn't want to be seen consoling the bloke in case they go down with the ship presumably. It was shameful, and makes further mockery of that tedious dirge they drone out and incessantly tag YNWA. Yea, right. :laugh:

_844940_480xauto.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think it was the Football Weekly chaps who said, maybe Karius is the type of person who needs time with his own emotions/anger before the inevitable 'chin up' comments.

But as Nixonator says visually it certainly made a mockery of the back of their training tops:-

#YNWA.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
MMA analyst Robin Black has dissected the incident and shown it was a textbook attempt to bring Salah down deliberately. The world Judo association has also piped up claiming the move is illegal in Judo as it is too dangerous.

Don't think anything will come of this but I would advise Ramos to avoid Eygypt for while.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

The ref didn't give it. Ramos didn't concede a foul all game according to the referee.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Who woulda thunk it. Liverpool and bad losers, never heard those in the same sentence before.

It was a tussle on a football pitch between two pros which unfortunately lead to injury. You can't wrap them up in cotton wool.

Ramos is the kind of player that, if being honest with yourself, any fan would want in their side in a heartbeat. Just because he got to grips with everybody's favourite lovechild Salah who plays for their 2nd club liverpool, there's a public outrage.

Yeh, because heaven forbid they were all distraught and dealing with their own emotions having lost a final.

The only one who it could be argued should've run over to him is the goalkeeping coach. Other than that, it's ludicrous to think anyone should immediately run over to console him for f**king up so badly. Twice.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yeh, because heaven forbid they were all distraught and dealing with their own emotions having lost a final.

The only one who it could be argued should've run over to him is the goalkeeping coach. Other than that, it's ludicrous to think anyone should immediately run over to console him for f**king up so badly. Twice.

It wasn't just at the end of the game, you could at least understand that even though somebody should have taken responsibility and done it. It was straight after, particularly the first error.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It wasn't just at the end of the game, you could at least understand that even though somebody should have taken responsibility and done it. It was straight after, particularly the first error.

He committed an error. Not just any error. But the kind of error that you would be furious with a school boy for committing. Are you honestly telling me that if your mate did that in the park in your team's biggest game of the season you'd be over there giving him a hug and telling him you're happy about it?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

Ramos was guilty of simulation in getting Mane booked .....he was at if tor most of the second half ....consumate professional..:thumbsup: aka spanish @@@@

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He committed an error. Not just any error. But the kind of error that you would be furious with a school boy for committing. Are you honestly telling me that if your mate did that in the park in your team's biggest game of the season you'd be over there giving him a hug and telling him you're happy about it?

Someone (Henderson) should have been the bigger man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here