Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Salah/Ramos: Not sure this is going away.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
It doesn't help that Sergio Ramos always comes across as a nasty little @#$£.

In his defense, he's not a brute of a centre half out to hurt people, but his general demeanour, behaviour during a game, whether it's winding people up, rolling around on the floor, demanding cards doesn't make you warm to the player. He's no-ones favourite player outside of Madrid.

24 red cards in a real madrid shirt.

TWENTY FOUR.

p.s. don't think he should be retrospectively punished, it is what it is. Liverpool lost, they need to get over it really. That bale goal was worthy of winning anything.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It doesn't help that Sergio Ramos always comes across as a nasty little @#$£.

In his defense, he's not a brute of a centre half out to hurt people, but his general demeanour, behaviour during a game, whether it's winding people up, rolling around on the floor, demanding cards doesn't make you warm to the player. He's no-ones favourite player outside of Madrid.

He may not be a brute of a centre half out to hurt people, but you have to admit he does a decent impersonation of one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCb91vCh5Eg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can't stand Ramos, horrible, dirty little sob. Reminds me of Latin players, mainly Italians of the past. However you can go out to break a leg, you cannot go out to dislocate someone's shoulder, but I am certain he wanted to take him out.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Certainly brought out the Liverpool fans amongst us. So many tears for another teams player. This is bedwetting at its finest

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Certainly brought out the Liverpool fans amongst us. So many tears for another teams player. This is bedwetting at its finest

No Liverpool fan here, I just detest everything Real Madrid stand for, hell I'd possibly even support Palace against them...possibly.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No Liverpool fan here, I just detest everything Real Madrid stand for, hell I'd possibly even support Palace against them...possibly.

No idea why you have beef with a Spanish side. I could understand it if it was Man Utd or Chelsea etc. Never knew Brighton have history with Madrid.
Nah, closet Red Cheeky. As for Palace thing you said that's just pathetic.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can't stand Ramos, horrible, dirty little sob. Reminds me of Latin players, mainly Italians of the past. However you can go out to break a leg, you cannot go out to dislocate someone's shoulder, but I am certain he wanted to take him out.

I'm pretty sure you are right, Salah was always going to be targeted with some special attention in order to put him off his game, Ramos cynically pulled him over and got a better than hoped for result. You can clearly see Ramos " Lock on " to Salah's arm then wrench him over as he falls.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm pretty sure you are right, Salah was always going to be targeted with some special attention in order to put him off his game, Ramos cynically pulled him over and got a better than hoped for result. You can clearly see Ramos " Lock on " to Salah's arm then wrench him over as he falls.

For gods sake grow a pair. Players get roughed up all the time or targeted. Seriously deal with it. Non Liverpool fans will see Ramos doing a job. It happens. Fulham roughe'd up Grealish. It's football.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No idea why you have beef with a Spanish side. I could understand it if it was Man Utd or Chelsea etc. Never knew Brighton have history with Madrid.
Nah, closet Red Cheeky. As for Palace thing you said that's just pathetic.

Spence, I was in the paint aisle in Homebase, Lewes yesterday and I said to the guy standing next to me: "Is this undercoat any good?" He just nodded and grunted. Unconvinced, I asked his other half, who was stood on the other side of him, for her opinion. Her reply? "I second that emulsion." You honestly couldn't have made it up!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
For gods sake grow a pair. Players get roughed up all the time or targeted. Seriously deal with it. Non Liverpool fans will see Ramos doing a job. It happens. Fulham roughe'd up Grealish. It's football.

Calm down dear and stop squealing, I know " it's Football ", doesn't necessarily mean its right.

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
If I were a Liverpool fan i’d be asking why their beloved main man cried off so easily when there was actually no serious injury. I thought at the time there was no dislocation and it’s since been confirmed, and sure enough he will be fully fit for the World Cup. This seems to have been glossed over.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If I were a Liverpool fan i’d be asking why their beloved main man cried off so easily when there was actually no serious injury. I thought at the time there was no dislocation and it’s since been confirmed, and sure enough he will be fully fit for the World Cup. This seems to have been glossed over.

I imagine it was a balance issue. When I knackered my shoulder after a bicycle crash I got straight back on the bike, thinking I was fine, cycled off and almost immediately came off the bike again.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Utterly pointless petition.

Dealt with by the referee, move on

But it wasn't dealt with by the referee - not adequately, anyway.

I heard Frank Lampard comment at half time that these things will happen when people get "intertwined". But for me and everyone I was watching it with it was Ramos who was doing all the intertwining, which seemed to be borne out by seeing it replayed several times, and all the still pictures in the papers on Sunday. My daughter described it as a judo throw. Nasty and cynical and deliberate.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This happens every week in football, lineaker said as much at half time. Now if Ramos is trained at judo or ninjutsu then maybe he was deliberately intending to cause Salah injury, but as far as I’m aware he isn’t. Arm locks aren’t the easiest things in the world to do especially when you are running and grappling with someone. He certainly wanted him on the deck but I would hazard nothing more than that.
If he was intending to take salah out of the game then he choose a strange way of doing it, far easier to be slightly late on a tackle with a little bit of stud showing, which would be right up his street. Yellow card and it would be classed as just as one of those things.

Ramos is a nasty little sh*t, who dishes it out but doesn’t like it dished back, the sort of player you hope gets injured when trying to take someone out, however in this case I don’t believe it was intentional.
Liverpool were never going to win the game even with salah on the pitch.

In the first 20 minutes or so with Salah on the pitch, Liverpool dominated the game and all the possession and shots stats backed that up. When he went off, all that changed. Taking him out made a huge difference.

There were 4 people watching the match in our house, three of whom are professed Liverpool haters and wanted Real Madrid to win before the match started. That incident changed their minds.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm not saying footballers wouldn't do it, I'm just not crediting Ramos with black belt judo skills knowing what he was going to do was going to injure his opponent. Fair means or foul, I think he just brings him down, and yeah probably thinks land on him with his weight if he can, take the wind out of him, but I cannot see in that position you're suddenly thinking you can dislocate someone's arm.

With regard to the tackle, if it's deemed reckless doesn't matter if you take the ball or not. I wasn't talking about a reckless tackle, I was talking about a fair winning of the ball where as a defender you would want to take the man as well - that has been in football forever and a day.

I'm not saying he thought knew he would dislocate his shoulder, just that by falling and twisting the way he did he could strain something and slow him down or even get him substituted.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I'm not saying he thought knew he would dislocate his shoulder, just that by falling and twisting the way he did he could strain something and slow him down or even get him substituted.

Which is a nice way of saying he wanted to **** him up. :thumbsup:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
He didn’t dislocate his shoulder he dropped his acromioclavicular junction. This is a bit of bone that attaches to the end of the clavicle and it sits, literally, in a bundle of nerve endings.

I’m telling you that putting that joint out hurts like hades. You have what feels like massive electric shocks down the affected side. You would do well to breathe...let alone play football.

If you don’t understand anatomy and physiology you have no opinion. Seriously. None.

Try it yourself before calling lightweight.

Oh...and by the way...Ramos has done that before, causing the same injury...coincidence....? No.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
A hug and tell him I'm happy? What? I would probably go over and give him a pep talk and tell him to forget about it yea.... but even if I wasn't that way inclined, I'm not a professional.

It's not good for team spirit to let a player stew on it, you need to move past it and take it as a team not point fingers. I doubt it helped his morale at all, and as Klopp even said himself, the first error lead to the second and I wouldn't be at all surprised if some part of it was down to not a single team mate telling him to keep his head up.

They even got back in the game before Bale scored a worldy, so I have no idea how liverpool fans and faux liverpool fans alike are blaming the keeper for the result. There's was no way they were winning that game without Salah. I doubt they would have won it with him to be completely honest.

I’m not blaming the keeper and I agree re Salah. You could feel the game shift the moment he went off and they became too predictable offensively. But that’s not surprising as that squad should never have been near a Champions League final - they’ve massively overachieved!

I still think people are overreacting re going to the keeper. That pretty much never happens after a keeper makes a mistake. These are professionals after all - they are paid handsomely and brought up to put these mistakes behind them within an instant, especially goalkeepers. A pep talk does nothing if the person making the mistake isn’t the type who stews on their mistakes. And if they are that type, they probably shouldn’t be playing football at that level, let alone in goal. Plus, the second mistake was a simple technical error, one of which Liverpool’s goalkeepers have been suffering from for a number of years. It suggests that poor coaching is the reason for that mistake, and no amount of pep talk gets around a technical error.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here