Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham at the Amex

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The most overrated away trip, it's only because our recent record is good that everyone raves about it.

Pros:
Away end is good and big
Is local
In a nice bit of London

Cons
Not particularly near anything
Most pubs rammed and ridiculously expensive
Attracts all the daytrippers

6/10

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Agree about the daytrippers but not the other stuff! Some lovely pubs within 10 minutes walk which are far from packed, particularly across the river. And obviously much of London in easy reach by train AND tube.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
35000 at the Bournemouth match. Not sure about the Chelsea cup tie - which one do you mean, '67 or '73? I went to the '73 one and I definitely didn't buy a ticket in advance for that.

There wasn’t 35 k at the Bournemouth game. 34k at the Rochdale match though.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
???
What do you want it to be near?

I've seen pubs,bars,restaurants,take aways, shops, stations,bus stops, a river, a big park and loads of other stuff I can't be bothered to list.
It's near a park, yes. And a tatty strip between the tube station and the away end. It's in London, obviously there's some stuff nearby (certainly compared to say, The Amex) but there's nothing else actually worth visiting in the vacinity, aside from one of the already heaving pubs. So you go further afield for a bit of space- no different to any other London ground in that regard. Well, unless you're one of those interesting folk who like singing football songs in a pub while drinking Carlsberg from a plastic cup.

Lovely stadium and easy on the eye but if we hadn't wob 3 in a row there with a few thousand who don't usually watch us on the road bothering to make an 'effort' there wouldn't be anywhere near as much hype.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's near a park, yes. And a tatty strip between the tube station and the away end. It's in London, obviously there's some stuff nearby (certainly compared to say, The Amex) but there's nothing else actually worth visiting in the vacinity, aside from one of the already heaving pubs. So you go further afield for a bit of space- no different to any other London ground in that regard. Well, unless you're one of those interesting folk who like singing football songs in a pub while drinking Carlsberg from a plastic cup.

Lovely stadium and easy on the eye but if we hadn't wob 3 in a row there with a few thousand who don't usually watch us on the road bothering to make an 'effort' there wouldn't be anywhere near as much hype.

How about we arrange one of those boat trips down the Thames, I've seen photos and videos of other teams fans doing so, looks great fun with flags hanging off the boat. :)

When we played there in August a couple of seasons back, we were drinking over the bridge in Putney, all good fun and I'm sure I wasn't drinking Carlsburg out of a plastic cup.

I'm still struggling to work out what you want to visit before a football match, apollogies if I'm missing your point here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really? I was at the second biggest crowd (Bournemouth 1971-72) and I couldn't imagine how they could squeeze any more in! Clinging on to the back of the terraces in the south west corner I certainly didn't have a good view either!

FFS. I was hanging from the fence at the end of the West in the SW corner. All I saw was a keeper fetching the ball out the back of the net. Two and six wasted. Fact. :tantrum::lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Last time you played us, you all seemed to be in the pub next to the Rocket overlooking the river in Putney letting off flares. There are loads of other pubs in Putney and most welcome well behaved away fans. The Bricklayers is good for real ale, the Youngs pub Spotted Horse has been done up recently (expensive) but there are lots of others - including the Dukes Head overlooking the pier (where the boats mentioned by BH9 come in). If you want history, Thomas Cromwell was from Putney and there's some connection with the church next to Putney Bridge. In terms of a good awayday, would you rather have preferred Villa, Derby or Middlesbrough had gone up? Strewth.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Rochdale at home? 36k+?
The Bournemouth game was 35000 - I did find some evidence on t'internet earlier but sod's law decrees I can't find it now! Can't find my Vinnicombe book either - I didn't previously know about the gate at the Chelsea '67 game. The Rochdale game had a big crowd, but it was noticeably less crowded than the Bournemouth game - I think the official figure was just under the 30K.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The most overrated away trip, it's only because our recent record is good that everyone raves about it.

Pros:
Away end is good and big
Is local
In a nice bit of London

Cons
Not particularly near anything
Most pubs rammed and ridiculously expensive
Attracts all the daytrippers

6/10

Nothing wrong with daytrippers. Some folk can only afford to go local or have other commitments. This will be one of the few I attend.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Last time you played us, you all seemed to be in the pub next to the Rocket overlooking the river in Putney letting off flares. There are loads of other pubs in Putney and most welcome well behaved away fans. The Bricklayers is good for real ale, the Youngs pub Spotted Horse has been done up recently (expensive) but there are lots of others - including the Dukes Head overlooking the pier (where the boats mentioned by BH9 come in). If you want history, Thomas Cromwell was from Putney and there's some connection with the church next to Putney Bridge. In terms of a good awayday, would you rather have preferred Villa, Derby or Middlesbrough had gone up? Strewth.

The Levellers were the political movement behind the Putney debates. I believe the church that held them was St Mary's. Thomas Cromwell was from Putney but was much earlier. Don't know if he was connected to that church. Olly Cromwell had little time for the Levellers. A bit too social democratic.

Great history in those parts.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
The Levellers were the political movement behind the Putney debates. I believe the church that held them was St Mary's. Thomas Cromwell was from Putney but was much earlier. Don't know if he was connected to that church. Olly Cromwell had little time for the Levellers. A bit too social democratic.

Great history in those parts.

Thanks for reminding me about the Levellers debates. St Mary's is the church near the bridge. Also nearby on Barnes Common is the tree that killed Marc Bolan, unconnected to Thomas Cromwell or the Levellers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here