Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Passerby rescues young boy hanging from balcolny

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Amazing viewing. Well done that man :clap:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44275776

A Malian migrant has been hailed a hero after he scaled the front of a building in Paris to save a small boy hanging from a fourth-floor balcony.

Video of Mamoudou Gassama's spectacular rescue went viral on social media.

In less than a minute he pulled himself from balcony to balcony and grabbed the four-year-old as a neighbour tried to hold the child from an adjoining flat.

President Emmanuel Macron has invited Mr Gassama to the Elysee Palace on Monday to thank him personally.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
How the hell did the child get in that position? I thought Michael Jackson was dead?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
That’s incredible, what an absolute hero.

What about the dad leaving the child unattended though! Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
That’s incredible, what an absolute hero.

What about the dad leaving the child unattended though! Wow.

Any parent will say, you only have to take your eyes off them for a second. I've been there although it wasn't a balcony. My son toddled off in a busy shop whilst I was paying for something. I was panicking looking for him, with lots of others, and somehow he got outside the shop onto an island in the middle of the road. All in the space of 5 mins. Two teenage girls saw him, and took him into the nearest shop, which was the one I was in.
I was taken to the staffroom, made a cup of tea until I recovered from shock.
There but for the grace of God.

Well done that man.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Any parent will say, you only have to take your eyes off them for a second. I've been there although it wasn't a balcony. My son toddled off in a busy shop whilst I was paying for something. I was panicking looking for him, with lots of others, and somehow he got outside the shop onto an island in the middle of the road. All in the space of 5 mins. Two teenage girls saw him, and took him into the nearest shop, which was the one I was in.
I was taken to the staffroom, made a cup of tea until I recovered from shock.
There but for the grace of God.

Well done that man.

As a parent I am well aware of that myself, but if you read the article it says

‘Local authorities quoted by French media said the boy's parents were not at home at the time.
The father has been questioned by police on suspicion of leaving his child unattended, judicial sources say. The mother was not in Paris at the time, it is believed.’

We’ve all done what you described but to go out and leave them in a flat is totally irresponsible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
The other guy that had hold of him, surely he could’ve hauled him over the balcony or am I missing something?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
As a parent I am well aware of that myself, but if you read the article it says

‘Local authorities quoted by French media said the boy's parents were not at home at the time.
The father has been questioned by police on suspicion of leaving his child unattended, judicial sources say. The mother was not in Paris at the time, it is believed.’

We’ve all done what you described but to go out and leave them in a flat is totally irresponsible.

I agree and there is no excuse for negligence.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The other guy that had hold of him, surely he could’ve hauled him over the balcony or am I missing something?

It's difficult to tell from the video, but it looks like he only has one hand on him. It was probably difficult to get enough leverage?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's almost like the front page of the BBC website wouldn't otherwise exist if articles from it weren't regularly posted on here.

:moo:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"After meeting him at the Elysee Palace, President Emmanuel Macron said he would be made a naturalised citizen."

Can't help but feel we'd have thanked him, but told him his visa had expired and he was being deported. Rules is rules.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Brilliant stuff a true modern day hero , CH will be furious with Ryan for putting himself in that position in the first place though .

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
It's difficult to tell from the video, but it looks like he only has one hand on him. It was probably difficult to get enough leverage?

If you watch it closely the kid was quite a way from him and he was gradually edging closer to the guy on the other balcony. Just as he was close enough to get a proper grip on him Spiderman arrived and janked him over.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here