Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] World Cup 2018 - Jose Izquierdo

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Apologies if fixtures but it looks like Jose has made Colombia's 23 man squad for Russia.

Squad has been reported by the 'Bogota Post'

Well done Jose.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lucky you, my copy of The Bogota Post hasn't arrived yet.
He's so unreliable I'm sure my paperboy is on something.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I often laugh at others on here suffering from small clubitis, esp surrounding transfer fees.

But seeing lil old Brighton & Hove Albion's name mentioned in that squad, with those other teams, is just amazing and unreal.

Big names in there too - Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Boca Juniors, River Plate, Palmeiras............... Brighton & Hove Albion.

It's quite surreal.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Strong team- and possible second round opponents.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I often laugh at others on here suffering from small clubitis, esp surrounding transfer fees.

But seeing lil old Brighton & Hove Albion's name mentioned in that squad, with those other teams, is just amazing and unreal.

'Brighton Hove & Albion'

One of them plays for Banfield. Sounds like a team from Roy of the Rovers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In the least surprising news story of the day, Jose has now been confirmed in the Columbian WC squad.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In the least surprising news story of the day, Jose has now been confirmed in the Columbian WC squad.

In similarly unsurprising news, Christian Benteke has been told by Belgium to book himself a nice holiday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I take it palace with all their star players have more representatives than lil old Brighton in this years World Cup?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I take it palace with all their star players have more representatives than lil old Brighton in this years World Cup?

Probably still do I'd have thought?

Milevojevic (sp) is in the Serbia squad, I learned the other day. By "learned", I mean that I learned that Serbia were in the World Cup finals, which genuinely came as a surprise to me.

The Outback Serial Killer is one of Maty Ryan's team mates: they probably still count him, even though he plays for Villa in the Championship (lol) these days.

And of course Wilfried Za....oh :nono:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I assume that Loftus-Cheek doesn't count as one of theirs?

Not unless Jesse Lingard counts as one of ours and Wycombe Wanders are claiming Harry Kane.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I a man thrilled to have a reason to follow a different team.

It can't support Australia because I am big cricket and rugby fan so just can't.

I can't suddenly adopt Nigeria based on a player I had not heard of until recently.

Columbia have a cool kit, play flair football, had Carlos valderamma (spelling) in my first World Cup I remember properly in 1990 and their keeper was cool who got caught mucking about with it on the halfway line then did a scorpion kick in later years.

What is not to love?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here