Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Anyone watching that jeremy Thorpe drama

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Part 2 of 3 tonight

Absolutely bloody brilliant acting. Very cleverly done, with very dark and light moments,

Hugh grant doing his brilliant Paddington 2 follow up!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I am. Gets a bit bizarre with the murder bit - but otherwise I'm enjoying it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Grant’s finest performance ever, imo. Wishaw is something truly special - he’s going to end up being compared with Olivier and Gielgud, again imo obvs - he’s that good an actor.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It's very good
I do wonder how they'll do the courtroom scene - surely cannot be done better than this masterpiece from the late great Peter Cook

https://youtu.be/Kyos-M48B8U

Talking of scenes, in the first episode Jeremy gave Norman one off the wrist on the bank of the Thames.
Now let's assume that took 20 takes, it meant Hugh Grant spent an entire evening in front of all the cameras, lights, crew and possibly some public tossing off a good looking young lad to vinegar stroke.
This acting lark is not all beer and skittles is it

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Broadly true, with a bit of poetic licence, as are most tv dramas.
I agree the acting is superb, even if the writing is dodgy.

Totally true.
He did shoot the dog first and then the gun jammed, as he was going to shoot Scott. Scott panicked and ran away and the gunman fled as well. All happened. Nothing embellished in the drama at all.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Great viewing for a Sunday evening. Shocking and amusing in equal measure.

I am resisting researching the story online and looking forward to finding out what happens to Norman.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Talking of scenes, in the first episode Jeremy gave Norman one off the wrist on the bank of the Thames.
Now let's assume that took 20 takes, it meant Hugh Grant spent an entire evening in front of all the cameras, lights, crew and possibly some public tossing off a good looking young lad to vinegar stroke.
This acting lark is not all beer and skittles is it

No, I agree but Hugh had a bit of practise with Ms Divine Brown a few years ago.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Brilliant, and Grant has got Thorpe's charachter and mannerisms perfectly, quite uncanny.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Totally true.
He did shoot the dog first and then the gun jammed, as he was going to shoot Scott. Scott panicked and ran away and the gunman fled as well. All happened. Nothing embellished in the drama at all.

I know, but there are bits of the drama which are being embellished.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have always liked High Grant but recently he has become a tremendous actor, starting with Florence Foster Jenkins and then Paddington 2

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here