Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Richie Towell looks happy

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Neither Norwood or Towell are Premier League players if we're serious about wanting to compete. I think both will be on the market for new clubs, either permanently or on loan if we're paying them more than another club are prepared to. If we keep them, they'll be hoping we get relegated so they get a chance in the team. I think the irony with being a lower end Premier League team is that the weaker players are inevitably needing the club to struggle in order to know their future can be at this club.

Or is that a bit too cynical?

How many players have been written off as not good enough for us only to succeed and prove the doubters wrong? (either at the club or after they have moved on to a new one)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How many players have been written off as not good enough for us only to succeed and prove the doubters wrong? (either at the club or after they have moved on to a new one)
Over the years, not many* I would have thought (I'm discounting the ones who are routinely classified as shit after their first two matches, because this would include nearly everyone!)

* and most of those now play for Burnley!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Can only see either Towell or Norwood bringing in about 1.5M each if transfered to a Championship club. Their wages should be mostly but not completely covered by a loan and that way they're there if we need them should the worst happen.

3M would get swallowed up and not make a huge difference right now when you consdier EPL wages and anyone saying we could buy a Gross, well we could, but then you have to pay him. Plus good luck finding another!

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Can only see either Towell or Norwood bringing in about 1.5M each if transfered to a Championship club. Their wages should be mostly but not completely covered by a loan and that way they're there if we need them should the worst happen.

3M would get swallowed up and not make a huge difference right now when you consdier EPL wages and anyone saying we could buy a Gross, well we could, but then you have to pay him. Plus good luck finding another!

From his interview after the playoff final Norwood wants to be a Fulham player and hopes it gets sorted soon. Towell still looks promising so I would hope we keep him for now.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd be quite surprised if Fulham decided to make a bid for Norwood, though if he's saying he wants to stay there, then one assumes he's heard the right noises from them.

I'd imagined he'd end up at another Championship club, a Swansea perhaps, or a Hull.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

You can't recall loans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here