Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Obese people should start work later to ease rush-hour anxiety, government advisor says.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The carriage doors could only open for set widths.
The wider you are the further down the platform you have to walk.

Win-win.
Put narrower car park spaces nearest to the station as well. Put all the really wide ones, where you need to open the car door fully to get out, right down the other end.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wonder how much this government advisor cost in our taxes to arrive at such a ground breaking conclusion to hi vitally important research.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A local lad who, like the rest of us, looks like he could lose a pound or two.
Something that isn't going to happen all the time he's hanging around free brekkie.

[tweet]1000089025590554624[/tweet]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wonder how much this government advisor cost in our taxes to arrive at such a ground breaking conclusion to hi vitally important research.

Was he actually advising the government on this issue though? The IES is an independent consultancy, the article says this gent is a government advisor but doesn’t state it’s regarding lard arses.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside, these threads are very good at flushing out the fatties amongst NSC.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So basically we now need two types of F class - First and Fat

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Here's the svelte Stephan...

Stephen-Bevan-1.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Do Brighton have a FBBBO (Fatty big boned borderline obese) supporters club like the LGBTG.
I might start one because Im sick of being told by my scales that I’ve put a stone on.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I dunno, Springfield powerplant tried this policy and it almost led to a meltdown...

el punal

While I was filling up the car at the local petrol station I noticed a Fiat 500 pull up to the adjacent pump. From out of the car splodged (I really can’t think of a more suitable description) the most enormously fat person I’ve ever encountered. Upon the exit of Mr.Creosote the Fiat’s suspension let out a dramatic sigh of relief and the car rose a good six inches.

The relief was short lived as Supersized Him wedged himself back into the vehicle, down it sank with a perceptible groan. Normally, I’m not keen on Fiats but my heart went out to this one. In his case I feel they should take the ‘i’ out of Fiat - at least that would be appropriate in the circumstances.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
Do Brighton have a FBBBO (Fatty big boned borderline obese) supporters club like the LGBTG.
I might start one because Im sick of being told by my scales that I’ve put a stone on.

If you do can I join please .. im just not tall enough for my weight

though id probably have to be 7ft 4 to justify my weight

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
On a serious note if I look at the BMI figures i Should be around 12 st 4 for my height (6ft) when i was in my early 20's I was that weight but now being somewhat older there is no way I could drop and stay at that weight. Also if this was adopted would it b=mean that chubby police,Fire service,Ambulance and armed forces staff could come in later ? Imagine,, ok men/women we are going over the top at 06:00hrs .. fatty Johnson you don't need to be here until 07:00. id want the chubby one there as cannon fodder of someone I could hide behind :whistle:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
While I was filling up the car at the local petrol station I noticed a Fiat 500 pull up to the adjacent pump. From out of the car splodged (I really can’t think of a more suitable description) the most enormously fat person I’ve ever encountered. Upon the exit of Mr.Creosote the Fiat’s suspension let out a dramatic sigh of relief and the car rose a good six inches.

The relief was short lived as Supersized Him wedged himself back into the vehicle, down it sank with a perceptible groan. Normally, I’m not keen on Fiats but my heart went out to this one. In his case I feel they should take the ‘i’ out of Fiat - at least that would be appropriate in the circumstances.

#prayforthefiat

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Is it now a Flat 500 ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On a serious note if I look at the BMI figures i Should be around 12 st 4 for my height (6ft) when i was in my early 20's I was that weight but now being somewhat older there is no way I could drop and stay at that weight.
You did say on a serious note, so me stating the bleeding obvious is partly your own fault :lol:

There is every way you (and me) could easily drop to that weight now and stay there.
It's just the way we'd do it is too unpalatable (pun intended) to even contemplate..

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I should be 14 stone something for my height.(6ft 4in ) Christ my rump stakes are nearly that weight

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Don't let me down Ernest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here