Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Has there ever been a worse keeper display than that

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can you imagine the unbridled joy of a CEO from club with a decent goalie, answering the phone this week only to find his opposite number from Liverpool on the other end of the line.

They is getting sooooooo screwed.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
If he tries to throw himself in front of a bus it will probably squeeze underneath him.

Going off at a tangent nice piece of shite commentary at the end on BT when summariser suggested Gerrard had played for Real.

Surely he was referring to Macmanaman?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
For Barnet v Peterborough. Bees were reduced to nine men though so Rust wasn't to blame that afternoon although he played only one more game in 1998.

Cheers. Couldn't remember the facts just the score

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
West Ham fans still talk about Allen McKnight-mare thirty years on. God, they destroyed his confidence completely.

I don't know if Jevs remembers him? ???

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Karius has always been a liability. A total non-surprise here. He won't play for them again.

At that level the first goal was bad enough. Surreal goal that would be questionable in pre-season but the CL final...unacceptable. Then the second one - maybe a consequence of the first but just punch it! WTF. It actually made me angry.

Klopp has to take some blame as well. He's neglected defence for too long and pandered to / played down the GK situation in hope that the attack will make up for it. He'll have a(nother) summer to sort that out, but will he?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did he make any other errors other than those two goals? I know my belief that putting the result of a match on one or two moments is wrong isn't popular, but putting that aside, surely (unless I missed some other errors from him) thinking a keeper who made two errors over ninety minutes might have just put in the worst goalkeeping performance ever seems overly dramatic. Maybe it's the biggest match in which to have a poor performance, maybe the worst performance by a keeper in a champions league final match, but of course there has been many worse performances outside of those caveats. Some have been bad enough to be substituted - something that doesn't ever happen to a fit keeper not having a total 'mare.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did he make any other errors other than those two goals? I know my belief that putting the result of a match on one or two moments is wrong isn't popular, but putting that aside, surely (unless I missed some other errors from him) thinking a keeper who made two errors over ninety minutes might have just put in the worst goalkeeping performance ever seems overly dramatic. Maybe it's the biggest match in which to have a poor performance, maybe the worst performance by a keeper in a champions league final match, but of course there has been many worse performances outside of those caveats. Some have been bad enough to be substituted - something that doesn't ever happen to a fit keeper not having a total 'mare.

But what else did he have to do?

Obviously 2 of him wasn't stopping the second, but beyond that you can almost trot out 'he had nothing to do'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here