Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Has there ever been a worse keeper display than that

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
That has to be one of the strangest matches I've ever been to. Barnet had two players sent off early on. It was Nicky Rust's debut and he didn't do a lot wrong. Just lethal Peterborough finishing (who always seem to score a load of goals). I always liked Nicky and he was a very polite young man when I met him.

In his second (and last) match for Barnet I think he only let one in, away to Cardiff City, who were promoted that season*

* Statto alert.

When I think of Nicky Rust I automatically think of him against Cambridge away (95-96ish), running back towards goal after being lobbed and not knowing where the ball was and just launching himself into the net with his arms outstretched hoping to save the ball.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Will Packham at the Withdean made tonights goalkeeping look top class

I see your Packham and raise you Graeme Smith - atrocious keeper and worst in my years following the Albion.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The Beattie goal :D

Kevin-Beattie-001.jpg

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
What is your obsession with Hart he is average at best, no where near top 6 quality and I'm being generous.
I would expect Liverpool to offer about £40m for Butland or as a long shot go for Tom Heaton of Burnley or even Joe Hart.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey Ryan has grown, he's filling out the goal nicely:-

[tweet]1000656071990632448[/tweet]

D

Deleted member 2719

I think this goalkeeping performance could go further, even on the wonder goal he pulled his arms away from the ball.

Hmmmmm Bruce Grobbelaar.

Liverpool pick them, that's for sure.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
He actually pulled off a few decent saves in the first half that kept them in it. Unfortunately the two in the second half were howlers.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's impossible not to feel for him. They were two absolute howlers, the sort that if they happened over the course of a season the keeper would be dropped and probably never play or the team again. But to do them in the same match, in the biggest club game of the season a game watched live by tens if not hundreds of millions of people. That is a career killer. He's done at Liverpool and he's almost definitely done at the highest level. It will take a long long time for a champions league club to have any confidence in signing him. Frankly he may well struggle to find a decent club at a decent level in the short term.

So professionally it's awful for him but on a personal level it must be absolute hell what he is going through. He will need incredible mental strength to recover from this. Not just now but for the rest of his career. Those mistakes will follow and haunt him throughout his life.

Poor guy.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
as bad as the mistakes were, and they were possibly the worst I've ever seen, the lack of support shown by his team mates, and especially his captain was awful. however much they were hurting and however much Henderson was upset a good captain should of gone over and put an arm around his team mate in that situation. 100% Bruno would have. I have never rated Henderson as a captain for reasons like this and would say its part of the reason Liverpool will still not win the league for a long time as they dont have a real leader.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
... and Klopp must take a fair amount of the blame for having a keeper of his experience as first choice for such an important game. The occasion overawed him .. and then with the added pressure of the first mistake. .... out of his depth

But I don't hear much negativity toward Klopp from Liverpool fans?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
... and Klopp must take a fair amount of the blame for having a keeper of his experience as first choice for such an important game. The occasion overawed him .. and then with the added pressure of the first mistake. .... out of his depth

Probably because the keeper has done relatively well up til now. Or is Klopp supposed to be clairvoyant? No-one would have predicted those quite unbelievable howlers.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

He's been his first choice keeper all season, he could hardly drop him for the final. That Klopp has 2 keepers that are prone to errors is the mistake, he had to play him yesterday though or should have dropped him as first choice a month ago.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here