Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Has there ever been a worse keeper display than that

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I agree with your first point and Matty Ryan looks solid, but you and I must have different views on the qualities of David Stockdale, if you didnt think he had a rick in him.

Fair point.

But he got far better the longer he was here and credited Roberts on more than one occasion.

But Villa away, yeah :facepalm:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Absolutely and rightly so.

Many keepers are capable of making the same saves, catching the same crosses, passing well etc. But only very few can go an entire season at a decent level making very few errors.

I really think we've got something special going on at BHA with Ben Roberts behind the scenes. We've got and had for a while now, decent very very consistent keepers who don't "have a rick in them". Karius always has IMO.

I feel for him, but that's WHY he's playing for Liverpool. To not make mistakes like that.

Ben Roberts was horribly underrated when he was playing for Brighton

All round better keeper tha Kuipers and was ahead of his time as a sweeper keeper

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Jordan Archer had a nightmare in Scotland's friendly in Peru early this morning. He let a very soft shot go under him, similar to Joe Hart's howler against Iceland. He also rushed off his line to leave a defender no option but to handle a goalbound effort. Archer is lucky this will be a match that'll go under the radar. Peru might surprise a few pundits at the World Cup - a solid, if unspectacular side.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Jordan Archer had a nightmare in Scotland's friendly in Peru early this morning. He let a very soft shot go under him, similar to Joe Hart's howler against Iceland. He also rushed off his line to leave a defender no option but to handle a goalbound effort. Archer is lucky this will be a match that'll go under the radar. Peru might surprise a few pundits at the World Cup - a solid, if unspectacular side.

Jordan Archer is a terrible, terrible keeper.

For those questioning whether Karius in the CL final was the worst display ever, go and find the highlights of Millwall's game at Sunderland this year, for TWO goalkeeping performances as bad.

One of the goals was so bad - so ridiculous - that genuinely you'd have to question whether it was deliberate.

edit: here you go - first two goals on this:

https://youtu.be/k-8oxiI0q-k

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Oh my, I've just watched the above clip ^ and he is shocking, I can't believe he got a game for Scotland.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44363648

Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius sustained a concussion during last month's Champions League final defeat by Real Madrid, doctors have said.
The German had tests at hospitals in Boston in the United States, and medics said the impact of the concussion was "likely" to have been felt immediately.

Dr Ross Zafonte said it was "possible" the injury "would affect performance".
Dr Zafonte said Karius had suffered from "visual spatial dysfunction", a process which hampers a person's ability to process visual information about where objects are in space.

He said it was "likely" that would have occurred immediately after the event that caused the concussion.

Karius collided with Real defender Sergio Ramos early in the second half of the final - when the score was goalless - although doctors have not pinpointed the moment he was concussed.

Minutes after that collision, Karius threw the ball against Real striker Karim Benzema, and it rolled home to give the Spaniards the lead.

An explanation that mitigates the performance, or a cynical attempt to protect him from critcism?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

For those questioning whether Karius in the CL final was the worst display ever, go and find the highlights of Millwall's game at Sunderland this year, for TWO goalkeeping performances as bad.

One of the goals was so bad - so ridiculous - that genuinely you'd have to question whether it was deliberate.

If the Millwall fans want Archer out, I'm pretty sure we could lend them a few chants.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

**** me, that is relentlessly grim.....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Petition for a replay?

Why bother, surely they ought to just give the trophy to the scousers.
It's their birthright to have won.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44363648

An explanation that mitigates the performance, or a cynical attempt to protect him from critcism?

My thoughts exactly.

That first goal had me thinking there was match fixing* going on Infront of my eyes.

The third goal. Well.... I was convinced something fishy was happening.

Does concussion explain this? IIRC he made a few decent saves in between them goals, Bale's aside.

Not too sure what to think.

*For the record, (and legal reasons) I would like to clarify I'm not accusing him in any way, shape or form, off being part of any match fixing ring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here