Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Relegation Odds

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Fulham can't win away and now play both Manchester clubs plus Chelsea and Liverpool in their next four home games. So they could be well adrift before they get another three points. It looks like them, Huddersfield and one other. Unfortunately Burnley, Cardiff, Palace and Southampton are all improving.

This. I believe we're down now, after Saturday's no show against Palarse.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
6 points from 30 is relegation form and others are all improving...…………………..we need to get a win very soon! I'll be very concerned if we don't come away with 3 pts at home to Burnley!

Becoming a must win game this one.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
exactly what I said in another thread . . .there will always be a surprise result somewhere, but that's as likely to be a defeat as a win at the moment . . . . we need to win a game, if we lose on Saturday we're right in the shit, and I think it will be a big psychological blow. bed wetters aside, it'll be interesting to see how the crowd reacts and the manager . . . he's too bloody nice and polite most of the time!

6 points from 30 is relegation form and others are all improving...…………………..we need to get a win very soon! I'll be very concerned if we don't come away with 3 pts at home to Burnley!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Should we fail to beat both Burnley and Cardiff at home, we deserve to be very much part of the bottom mix and could have no complaints about dropping.

Personally I think we’ll beat Burnley, not based on anything objective. But our lack of goals is a gig concern.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Should we fail to beat both Burnley and Cardiff at home, we deserve to be very much part of the bottom mix and could have no complaints about dropping.

Personally I think we’ll beat Burnley, not based on anything objective. But our lack of goals is a gig concern.

what do you base your thought that we'll beat Burnley ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Remember how Doncaster being worse than us saved us the year after Hereford? I am really hoping one of the other strugglers hits a bad run of form to join Huddersfield and Fulham, who I reckon are down now. Not that confident that we are going to win many games from here on in.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
what do you base your thought that we'll beat Burnley ?

Literally as I said “not based on anything objective”. So subjectively - home advantage, Locadia will score at some stage, Locadia will pass to an unmarked Murray at some stage, lady luck, a ref makes mistakes in our favour, CH produces one of those ManUre/Palace home wins.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Sure we'll be fine. We were better than Watford on Saturday who are 8th and unlucky not to win. We still have Burnley, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Southampton and Newcastle to come to the Amex. I think we can get 7 points from those games plus another 2 from other games would put us on 38. That's me being very pessimistic but I think it would be enough to keep us up. Obviously a win on Saturday would be most welcome and physiologically would give the team a lift, but no way is it must win. Keep the faith. UTA.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Sure we'll be fine. We were better than Watford on Saturday who are 8th and unlucky not to win. We still have Burnley, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Southampton and Newcastle to come to the Amex. I think we can get 7 points from those games plus another 2 from other games would put us on 38. That's me being very pessimistic but I think it would be enough to keep us up. Obviously a win on Saturday would be most welcome and physiologically would give the team a lift, but no way is it must win. Keep the faith. UTA.
Yep. Absolutely bare minimum we will get 5 points from those home games. No chance of going down.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

I was never very good at arithmetic but I have a suspicion that 27 points + 7 + 2 = 36 rather than 38.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
36 will be plenty

It'll be plenty to avoid being in the bottom 2 - not so sure about that 3rd from bottom spot though! Newcastle went down with 37 points only 3 years ago and my gut feeling is that all but Huddersfield and Fulham are capable of ending up with a points total of 36+.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here