Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Relegation Odds

We are going down now ..... apparently BAB3CAE6-A17D-44FD-8ABD-F76B4FC5CF6A.jpeg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Same odds?

1. Fulham - a team who have just been promoted via the play-offs, who have done no transfer business as yet, with a smaller transfer window to operate in, and a question mark hanging over key striker Mitrovic who still belongs to Newcastle.
2. Brighton - a team who finished 15th, were 7 points clear of the drop and who have bought in two players who will be in/close to the 1st XI.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Same odds?

1. Fulham - a team who have just been promoted via the play-offs, who have done no transfer business as yet, with a smaller transfer window to operate in, and a question mark hanging over key striker Mitrovic who still belongs to Newcastle.
2. Brighton - a team who finished 15th, were 7 points clear of the drop and who have bought in two players who will be in/close to the 1st XI.
Fill your boots...

The truth is that we ARE firmly among the 6 or so clubs most likely to be relegated.

It will be another big achievement by TB and all staff at the club if we stay up again (especially if we were to ve done with any degree of comfort).

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Wolves are super tight with that mega-agent prick, so I can't see them struggling too much to bring in talent. If they managed it in the Championship then they won't find it harder in the Prem. It just depends on what the agenda is for the agent and players, presumably they don't actually want to stay at Wolves, but want exposure. God knows.

I wondered last season what I would think if that had happened to Brighton. If we'd got a rich owner who got in bed with a super agent and just went nuts. Who makes those kind of signings in the Championship! We'd probably all be drunk on the happy juice, but doesn't it feel somewhat hollow, or like a house of cards. I dunno, perhaps I'm over thinking it. Either way it's made me not really like them, when previously I didn't give a ****.

My grudge book is filling up tbh.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pretty insulting that we are the same odds as Fulham who snook up via the playoffs. Maybe it’s just me and Fulham are considered Premier League whilst we are short term visitors according to the bookies.

Matters not though TB and CH will do their thing and hopefully it will be enough.

Look just how wrong the bookies got it last year.

If Wolves intend to rebuild their team they are likely to be coming from a position of weakness and few points as their team gel...maybe

Cardiff I just don’t see surviving, other than that it could be one of 10 clubs or more imo

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
People falling into the same trap as they fell into last season. Once again the promoted clubs include a Fallen Giant returning to their Rightful Place, and two little upstart clubs who are obviously going to go straight back down again. Didn't happen last time - hope it happens this time! :)

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Same odds?

With Fulham, the bookies may think their mega-rich owner will spend what is needed to guarantee safety. Money must be no object if he plans to buy Wembley.

I am a bit surprised the bookies think Burnley will finish above Fulham. Usually, we are one of the three favourites to go down.:)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fill your boots...

The truth is that we ARE firmly among the 6 or so clubs most likely to be relegated.

It will be another big achievement by TB and all staff at the club if we stay up again (especially if we were to ve done with any degree of comfort).

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

When you say 6 or so do you mean:

a) 6 or 7, or
b) 6 or 14.

I agree with you that we are at risk of relegation, but then that is the case with 70% of the teams in the division. Everton, West Ham, Southampton all had their moments last season, while Leicester and Newcastle both have previous form.

I wouldn't say we were "firmly" in the bottom 6 - we could quite conceivably finish comfortably mid-table, perhaps even top half if things work out.

Right now I don't see any reason why we shouldn't match last season's 15th or even go higher.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The odds are fair and merely reflect cash flows following the obvious contenders. Wolves for example are after a £35m full back, and already have a squad of quality internationals.

If we're NOT in the mix come the end of March, CH has done brilliantly.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
**** Wolves. The model they are using is unstable. We will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
As for Fulham, there is no way we should have odds that indicate that we are more likely to be relegated at this stage. If they make incredible signings and we fail to recruit well, then maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The great betting public believe there's a far greater chance of the Albion dropping, than either of Bmuff, Palace and Wolves. Why such a disparity?

IMG_2740.PNG

Palace and Bmuff would not have the effect of a big following laying money on them to thrive.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The markets take on probability of going down:

Brighton 0.4

Bournemouth 0.2
Palace 0.17
Wolves 0.125
West Ham 0.111

We're twice or far more likely to go down than these clubs, apparently. Is this because the Albion buy relatively unknown players off the radar, whereas they buy 'names'?

IMG_2796.PNG

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Right - I'll put my hands up now. For almost all of last season I thought, and said, we'd go down. I couldn't see any way we could stay up and I'm happy to have been wrong. I've opted out of football for a few weeks, so no idea who we've signed or lost, but I did overhear we've signed quite a few. So, I'll state now that I think we'll be ok this year, so if we're not .... it's all my fault, sorry.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
The markets take on probability of going down:

Brighton 0.4

Bournemouth 0.2
Palace 0.17
Wolves 0.125
West Ham 0.111

We're twice or far more likely to go down than these clubs, apparently. Is this because the Albion buy relatively unknown players off the radar, whereas they buy 'names'?

View attachment 99440

I think you've forgotten to add the 1 for us. We're 5-2 = 3.5 in decimal and not 2.5, therefore 100/3.5= 28.5pc chance, or 0.28 if you prefer. And so not *that* much more likely to be relegated that Bournemouth or Palace?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
12/10 last year 25/10 this. So Bookies rate us half as likely to go down next season as they did for this !

I'm feeling more optimistic than when we were 20/1 last season.

PS: Don't back Burnley now. Wait until they do well with an easy start.

Fans of other clubs e.g. big ones from Lancashire don't fancy our chances and mostly have us going down with Huddersfield and Cardiff

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=340678.80

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
My money is on:

18: Palace
19: Huddersfield
20: Cardiff

To take the bottom places.

If Zaha stays then maybe Palace will survive and maybe Watford to take their place

I dont know if we will finish higher than last season but hope it proves to be as much fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here